• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple live sources

Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i'm struggling setting up 4 live audio sources with fms 3.5. I have 4 streams input from our studios into 1 encoder server. From here I need to pass it to the internet via 4 FMS 3.5 servers. I do not want to have 4 * 4 encoding sessions on the encoder in order to service the 4 FMS servers. Is there any way to pull the streams from the encoders?

I have also tried configuring explicit connections using 1 server as an origin server and 3 as edge servers but being a live stream the load and connections seem to get passed to the origin server which will eventually not handle the load.

i've looked through the application.xml server settings but cannot seem to see any notiable settings?

Thanks

andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Hi Andrew,

Its implemented using server-side application code like how i have written in my previous post. You dont need any plug-in. In your scenario lets consider one as primary server and other 3 are secondory servers. So you have to write application code for one application on primary server where publish from encoder would be targetted. You basically have to set-up 3 Netconnections to one application each on secondary servers and also create three NetStreams which would use created NetConne

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can basically publish it to one Origin Server and that server will republish the incoming stream to other 3 origin servers. This feature is called Multi-point publish. Basically you use application.onPublish and onUnpublish handlers in conjunction with Server-side NetStream Class to achieve this.

Simple example:

var nc;

var ns;

application.onAppStart = function(){

nc = new NetConnection();

nc.onStatus = function(info){

// you can trace connection status here

}

nc.connect("rtmp://Origin_Server_2/myApp");

}

application.onPublish = function(myClient,myStream){

ns = new NetStream(nc);

ns.attach(myStream);

ns.publish(myStream.name,"live");

}

application.onUnpublish = function(myClient,myStream){

ns.publish(false);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, do you implement this as a flash media server plugin using c++.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Its implemented using server-side application code like how i have written in my previous post. You dont need any plug-in. In your scenario lets consider one as primary server and other 3 are secondory servers. So you have to write application code for one application on primary server where publish from encoder would be targetted. You basically have to set-up 3 Netconnections to one application each on secondary servers and also create three NetStreams which would use created NetConnections and re-publish stream to secondary server application. Just go through FMS docs and you will get to know what I am sayign and how to go about it. In case if you still are not able to code it, let me know.

Regards

Rudresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rudresh,

I have wriiten my asc script as follows:-

trace("Start Script");
var nc;
var ns;
nc = new NetConnection();
nc.connect("rtmp://192.168.x.x/live/sportslive");
trace("declared variables");
nc.onStatus = function(info){
if (info.code == "NetConnection.Connect.Success") {
trace("connection sucs");
} else {
trace("not connected error");
}
};
application.onPublish = function(client, myStream){
trace("into publish function");
ns = new NetStream(nc);
ns.attach(myStream);
ns.publish(myStream.name, "live");
trace(myStream.name + " is publishing into application " + application.name)
};

looking at the logs on teh remote server teh connection is made and bytes are streaming across, though when i connec using the sample livetest.swf / as files the connection does not play. Is this because the livetest.as does not use teh

NetConnection.connect("rtmp://serverName/appName/appInstanceName"), and then call
NetStream.play("myStream") with the same stream name.

to connect?

I also get teh following errors when teh main.asc runs:-

Method not found (onBWDone)

Method not found (releaseStream)

Method not found (FCPublish)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats was the problem,

used:-

NetConnection.connect("rtmp://serverName/appName/appInstanceName"), and then call
NetStream.play("myStream") with the same stream name.

on the client and all is well,

Well apart from teh skipping in the stream.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for great information about multiple live sources

If you looking for multiple live sources company visit:--www.sagarinfotech.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines