• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie - Trying to call video from another server

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting out.  I installed the Flash Media Development Server 3.5 onto a server.

I am able to call the test page: http://MyServer/index.html

But what I would like to do is create a page on http://AnotherServer/newcall.html

and have the newcall.html page display the video that is on MyServer.

The index.html page has an area that shows: EMBEDDED VIDEO
Copy the HTML Embed code below and paste it within your application, change the parameters to play your video from Flash Media Server.

Here is code snippet:

<object width='640' height='377' id='videoPlayer' name='videoPlayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' ><param name='movie' value='swfs/videoPlayer.swf' /> <param name='quality' value='high' /> <param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /> <param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /> <param name='flashvars' value= '&videoWidth=0&videoHeight=0&dsControl=manual&dsSensitivity=100&DS_Status=true&streamType=vod&autoStart=true&serverURL=rtmp:/vod/mp4:sample2_1000kbps.f4v'/><embed src='swfs/videoPlayer.swf' width='640' height='377' id='videoPlayer' quality='high' bgcolor='#000000' name='videoPlayer' allowfullscreen='true' pluginspage='http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer'   flashvars='&videoWidth=0&videoHeight=0&dsControl=manual&dsSensitivity=100&DS_Status=true&streamType=vod&autoStart=true&serverURL=rtmp:/vod/mp4:sample2_1000kbps.f4v' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'> </embed></object>

What I tried was to change rtmp:/vod/mp4:sample2_1000kbps.f4v'/ to:

rtmp:MyServer/vod/mp4:sample2_1000kbps.f4v'/

If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you correct your URI and try:

Use : rtmp://MyServer/vod/mp4:sample2_1000kbps.f4v instead rtmp:MyServer/vod/mp4:sample2_1000kbps.f4v

If still that does not work , let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, late responding.  I had to go out of town.

I added the // and I get the webpage with a black box with the movie not loaded.

The folder I have my videos is: E:\Flash Media Server 3.5\webroot\vod\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For rtmp streaming , videos need to present in "media" folder of vod i.e. E:\Flash Media Server 3.5\applications\vod\media. Put your media file there and try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the media in the folder you suggested and I am getting the same black box.

When I right click on the black box, it shows "Movie not loaded..."

Where can I find documentation that explains this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other documentation that is available besides what is located in the /documentation/ folder where I installed the Flash Media Server.

I can't find any code snippets that show how to play an flash video from an HTML file located on another server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I put my .html file hosted on the Flash Media Server, it works using: rtmp:/vod/sample.flv

But I move the exact code onto another server and change the code to: rtmp://MyServer/vod/sample.flv, it doesn't work.

Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if you are able to stream using any other client from that server, i just want to be sure if there is no firewall issue which is blocking your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that I wasn't instantiating the player.

I changed param name='movie' value='swfs/videoPlayer.swf'

to param name='movie' value='http://MyServer/swfs/videoPlayer.swf' />

And now the video streams.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am having problems using Adobe's embed code and I just read your post

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/612820?tstart=0

I changed  param name='movie' value='swfs/videoPlayer.swf'
to param  name='movie' value='http://www.librarymedia.net/html/swfs/videoPlayer.swf'  /> as suggested by the comment in Adobe's code and in your post, but  I am still not able to play the videos from an html page hosted on  another server. Any suggestions? I'm thinking that maybe I do not have  the correct absolute address to the swfs folder containing the flash  player, but other than that, I'm clueless.

The  absolute path: http://www.librarymedia.net/html/swfs/videoPlayer.swf

Relative: http://www.librarymedia.net/swfs/videoPlayer.swf

Here's  the testing page: http://www.librarymedia.net/Flash3/pagetest2.html

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try value='http://www.librarymedia.net/swfs/videoPlayer.swf'

Remember there are two places to make the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? I follow all the troubleshooting steps. It works fine with chrome using adobe flash 11 but having issues on IE 6 using adobe flash player ver 9 player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE 6 is pretty old browser - i think you should update it. Also FP 9 is also very old. I would recommend you update both IE and FP and then see if you still see the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SE_0208 thanks for your reply. Its not my choice to use adobe 9 and ie 6. it my company... But the good news is that i got it to work now. Active X was also disable my the admin, I created a swf file with flash pro and flv player action script 3 and upgrade to adobe flash player 10 with adobe flash player 10 support on the SWF and it is now working like a charm. I hope this helps people too..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear that your issue is resolved. But if your company is stuck to such older versions i think you should seriously make a case who can make those calls to change it - using such old versions is high security risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Altought I got .swf to play just fine with rtmp and rtmpe , I currently have issues with rtmpte embedded into swf files. I need to refresh on the link 2 to 4 time until it loads in IE and Chrome.

I tried to change the HTTPIndent2 variable on the adaptor.xml file as i found on an adobe post. I also tried to specify the port number 80 after the ip-addtress:80 on the rtmpte source

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines