• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persisting legal FMS 5.0 licenses on Amazon Web Services through future up-sizing?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the developer version Flash Media Server 5.0.1 (Windows) on a x64 Amazon Web Services small instance VM. The starter AMI for the server was one of the stock AMIs built by Amazon.

I have a shiny new license for FMS Professional but not yet applied to FMS.

I want to apply the license now and continue running as a small instance until I need more performance. Eventually I will want to gradually and periodically up-size it to increasingly larger AWS instances.

1. Is this possible with the FMS license?
  2. Will I have any issues of invalidating the license because the underlying hardware configuration changes?
  3. What will I need to do to ensure that I can upsize the same server (not create a new one) without invalidating the FMS license?
  4. What other issues should I know about that I am too ignorant to ask?

Thanks,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Changing the number of virtual cpus and/or the ram – would not invalidate your license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got to know from my colleugue who has more knowledge about AWS than me that if you have to upsize you have to terminate that particular instance. So in short if i have to take stab at all your queries together - till you make sure that you are using your license only on one Single VM instance at any given point of time - you should be fine. Let me know if you have any further query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I must terminate one instance.

I am not trying to run two instances (virtual computers) with a single AMS license.

Are you saying that I can freely "move" the license from one instance to another as long as the license is applied to only one instance (server) at a time?

I need to know if changing the number of virtual cpus and/or the ram will invalidate the AMS license activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the number of virtual cpus and/or the ram – would not invalidate your license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines