• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setup for edge and origin server

Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am trying to setup edge and origin server on windows server and trying to run FMIS on it. I am going through many problems, my first problem is I could not understand given command for implicit connection

Use the following syntax in a client-side NetConnection.connect() call to make an implicit connection to an edge server:

rtmp://edge/app/appinstance.
Over here what does app means does it mean application (example vod) ?? What does app instance means(no clue I guess video file)

I am just curious how can I connect from flash cs4(my client) to edge server with the help of command inspector and give path for file or do i need to run
action script every time.

If yes, where can I find client-side and server side action script or I can direclty used it from Flash cs4 no need for script.

Please let me know as fast as possibe, Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think default system requirements, for both your edge and origin should suffice for 100 clients. But still can you answer following questions:

1. What are the bit rates for your streams?

2. Are all 100 clients playing different streams?

3. Is it pure live or vod or DVR or mix of all?

4. Can you specify your system requirements of both your edge and origin - specially RAM, CPU and Network card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SE_0208,

We have customer who wants to deploy Adobe Flah Media Server on their existing environment. The main idea behind setting up Media Server is to locally multicast stream to the thousand of users. For example: There is one link coming down from the internet (example www.espn.com) and there are thousands of user who wants to watch the live football link. So customers requirement is there would be only one link coming down from internet and once it points edge server it does multicasting (means link should be allocated locally instead of all user watching directly from espn.com they point to the edge server. Customer does not have control over the Origin server. So, can Adobe Edge Server can point to public IP address means any server residing on ESPN side. Please let me know as fast as possible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Se_0208,

Just wanted to correct from above email,so we have access to the origin server. I guess customer would deploy Adobe Flash Media Server on origin side. So my here is my question:

1) Is it possible to have some setup similar to this....1000 Client(Multiple Streaming)----------------Edge Server-------------------------------------------Origin Server

Single Streaming over WAN

2) Instead of Client poiting to edge server (explicit proxy)...........can I set Client poiting directly to Origin Server.....As customer would not like to change their DNS.

I will appreciate if I can get answer for above question.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think 1) is possible. If i understood right, you want to subscribe from edge rather than going to Origin Server. That is very much possible. But i did not get your 2) point - i think if your client directly to origin then they won't go via edge, i think what you meant is they directly contact edge and edge automatically redirects to Origin - this is possible. Client only knows edge URI and uses it to connect , i mean URI would be like rtmp://edge/appName instead of rtmp://edge/?rtmp://origin/appName

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for instant reply, I really appreciate. So just out of curiosity, is it always necessary to have Adobe Media Server residing on Origin side? One of our teamate was trying to access URL with only edge server residing on branch side and no origin server, according to him there were two WAN link going out to edge server instead of one (2 clients were used for lab environment). I am pretty sure he was seeing 2 link because there was no origin server on data center side but just out of curiosity wanted to clarify this question.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get your question properly, but you need to have origin server for any edge server to work because applications always reside on origin server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SE_0208,

I have customer who wants to deploy Adobe Flash Media Server on his site, but he is not sure how does transperent interception works in Flash Media Server. For example: This is current set up scenario, Client (1000 client) multiple stream---> edge server (user defined ip address) single stream---> origin server (www.espn.com). So customer does not want client to point edge server (new ip address), he wants user should direcly point to the origin server (www.espn.com---------as every user knows about it and customer does not want to change DNS). So is it possible with Adobe media server to do transperent proxy and directly pointing to origin server, while doing stream splitting at edge server.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get your contact information, so I can give exact idea to customer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SE_0208,

Can you give me your contact information or any specified person in Adobe who can give us more information about Flash Media Server. I have customer who wants to deploy Adobe and if everything works out it's a great oppurtunity for Adobe to make a deal. Please let me know your contact info as fast as possible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rush27,

You can contact me at rchari@adobe.com for your query. If its anything to do with sales/marketing/purchase, i will help you get in touch with right person. Can you let me know your contact details as well as geographic location so that right person can get in touch with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My email is rushabh.maniar@riverbed.com, I would highly

appreciate if you can help me to get in touch with sales guy. I am based in san franciso. Please let me know as fast as possible, as customer is waiting for response.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines