Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stream on internet, Can't connect to my ip

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to stream to the internet but i can't connect to my ip found on http://whatismyipaddress.com/

i can connect to localhost and my local network ip but i want to stream world-wide.

How can i do this?

this is my setup atm:

livestream.jpg

7*.170.***.74 is my ip (partly for privacy matters).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try below:

In your fms.ini (ams.ini), change ADAPTOR.HOSTPORT = :1935 to ADAPTOR.HOSTPORT = 7*.170.***.74:1935

Restart your server

Make sure port 1935 is open on your firewall for incoming traffic.

And then try to connect - please try to connect from outside your LAN or from different machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned off the firewall, so port should be open..

In my modem i also opened the port tcp&udp

When i enter for fms url: 7*.170.***.74 it says that it could not connect, neither i could connect to localhost anymore.

sorry for the inconvenience, it is ams not fms, it says fms in encoder but i use ams...? should this be any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this "77.170.124.74" your public Ip? Also after your restart can you check AMS has successfully bound to your IP- check edge and master logs.I mean can you telnet this 77.170.124.74:1935 from different machine outside your local network (I am not asking from same laptop). Also I suppose you need to point to the IP of your router (your internet IP), and configure the router to forward port 1935 to your local IP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

first of all.. it is my public ip found on http://whatismyipaddress.com/. This is my modem ip as well right?

for the local ip i know my modem is 192.168.1.1 and my pc =   192.168.1.3, but that shouldn't matter now.

I forwarded the port to 1935 in my modem: (and some more not for this project.)

ports.jpg

Because i'm in kinda hurry, would you fix it using teamviewer because you've got the experience and i don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines