Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streaming from multiple servers

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a server in Israel with Flash Streaming server installed.
If I'll buy another server and host it in the US, what do I need to do in order to broadcast from it also.

1. Do I have to broadcast twice from the source or can I broadcast to one server and it will pass the stream to the other?
2. Do I need to purchase another FMS license?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You don't need to publish twice. You can set up an application on the server in the US, and have that application subscribe to the stream on the server in Israel (or vice versa).

2. Yes. you need to purchase an FMS license for each server in order to be in compliance with the EULA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2009 Mar 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you have Flash Streaming Server - do you mean FMSS. If yes, I am sorry you will have to broadcast to both servers from your source. There is no way you can republish from server itself as you have no control to do that on FMSS - you cant write your own apps and also cant modify live and vod apps. Now if you meant FMIS, then there are two ways you can achieve it:
1. Like how JayCharles suggested, you can use remote play and play stream from your US server.
2. Better way would be to use Multi-point publish, once you get stream published at your Isreal server, just get hold of it in application.onPublish handler and use new NetStream class on Server-side to republish it to our US server. However note that Multi-point publish is available only from FMS 3.0 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
thanks for your answers.

Assuming I'll buy FMIS, where can I get some info about programming the needed apps for our system [FMS+AS]?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with FMS developer center for articles & sample code:

www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

First, thank you for all of your responses.

Second, I'm looking for someone that will build our needed system.

Anyone who would like to send us a price proposal is more than welcomed to PM me here  [or any other way] for more details.

Thanks,

Liad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines