• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos recorded in mp4 format throught AMS(development version) not playing on android and Ios device.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe ams(development version) to record video files in mp4 format using rtmp protocol. I am using mp4 as the file extension and as the stream specifier(codec).The videos are saving correctly.When i copy these files on a mobile device(android and iOS) they are not playing.Can somebody tell what I am doing wrong.

The rtmp url I am using is rtmp://localhost:1935/mp4:videoname.mp4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, you do not seem to have flash player on these devices...You need flash player or some such rtmp player to play rtmp stream. An alternative would be to do HTTP streaming.Please read about AMS support for HTTp streaming on help docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am playing these videos by copying just for testing purposes. I heard there are many problems with the codecs that flash player uses for encoding the videos.So i wanted to make sure that the video recorded is supported .

I even tried using the h.264/AAC codec with flash player 11 and as3 for producing these mp4. Even these video does not play on copying on these devices.Apple's docs say that quicktime (the default player) supports h.264/AAC codec .

As a fallback mechanism I tried to record flv and convert these videos with ffmpeg to mp4 format.I am able to play the converted videos on copying directly to the mobile devices. But now the ffmpeg converted mp4 videos wont stream with rtmp url in the web application (flash player) and not even on the mobile devices .I am really stuck with this issue.

Don't we have a generic format and codec which will play on these environments(Flash player,android and iOS).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post one such mp4 which does not play for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - defaultcodec.mp4

Dropbox - h264codec.mp4

These are the two files that I created .The first file is created by the default codec used by Flash player.

The second file(h264codec.mp4) is created by using Flash player 11 and as3 . I have encoded the file using h.264/AAC.

The tutorial followed for creating the second encoded file is Encoding live video to H.264/AVC with Flash Player 11 | Adobe Developer Connection

Thanks in advance . These two files stream successfully in the web application using flash player and as3 .I can play both of them in VLC too. But these files wont play on any mobile device(both android and iOS).

Please send me your feedback on this . In the meanwhile I will look into http streaming. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried playing the videos on my desktop flash player and they seem to play fine(both of them).

Which player are you trying to play it in on Mobile devices.

IMHO, Adobe has stopped supporting "Flash Player"  development for mobile devices.

Finally, if the web browser on mobile devices can play the actual content, I think you should go for HTTP streaming route.

AMS has built-in support for http streaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines