• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
1

Blender addon not generating IK rig on characters exported as dae

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

 

I have a number of characters that I have exported over the years as collada .dae format from mixamo I think it was due to at the time the weight painting on the armature came out differently.

 

Having an issue with the blender addon where the add-on will not generate the ik rig, most likely because the naming convention on the armatures is different between FBX and DAE formats.

 

For example on the DAE format the naming convention is:

mixamorig_BONENAME

 

in FBX its:

mixamorig:BONENAME

 

where on format has _ and the other has :

 

Can the add-on be updated so that it recognizes both?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Bug , Feature request

Views

551

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its a well known issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We could add this in future updates, although you best solution for the time being would be to import the DAE files in a 3D tool that uses the FBXSDK and replace the namespace with the one with ":". Cheers!

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if we update the py file with all the naming inside. We could make a little python file to do automated really quick or use find/replace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried this, it did not seem to work for me, to confirm I need to edit the mixamo.py file in the following directory:

AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\Mixamo add-on for Blender\lib

 

correct?

 

Or do I need to uninstall the add-on then edit it in the zip that I use to import the add-on, then add it to blender?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other easy fix would be adding this to the py-file 'mixamo.py' #39

change line #39

 

if dbone.name.startswith("mixamorig") and ':' in dbone.name:

 

To this, this should work as it looks for for both naming methods

 

if dbone.name.startswith("mixamorig") and ':' in dbone.name or dbone.name.startswith("mixamorig") and '_' in dbone.name:

 

 
I tried the Michel character, but get different errors back. Its not consistent it seems. Ive seen this error before with other models.

 

 File "/Users/macpro1/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/Mixamo add-on for Blender/mixamo_rig.py", line 184, in execute
    ks.active = ks["Location & Rotation"]
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "Location & Rotation" not found'

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i got imported with a different fix, but that it runs stuck in a different area because of missing constraint.

 

Ive found the issue, the issue is that its looking for a keyset name "Location & Rotation". However in Blender 2.83 and below that is called "LocRot", has been called like that for a long time. Not sure this has changed in the newer version i could check my laptop at home tonight.

 

I now got the addon working properly for the DAE files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their are actually a couple issues why its not working in lower blender version, atleast lower then 2.91

1 thing is the bone naming convention, i got that fixed. Second is the way keysets are named. Somewhere around 2.83 and 2.90 they have changed the keyset "LocRot" to "Location & Rotation", i cant find any of this in the API changes though.

Ive added an if else to use both methods and now it does work for me in 2.91. In 2.83 it doesnt work properly yet since bones seem to be flipped, have not figured out that part yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines