• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drake character has only one weird animation

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, I had consistent results when downloading the default mixamo characters and importing them in Blender. Used a couple of them, with different animations, all good.

Drake is different though. When I download him (whether in T-Pose or with any animation), I always see the same animation: it looks like a basic "movement test", where all joints are moved one after another, fingers then elbow then shoulder etc.  I'm not able to see the actual animation I tried downloading.

Could somebody please take a look (ideally, using Blender as well)? I'm pretty new to 3D, so I don't know if the problem is with me or with Drake 😅 

Any ideas very much appreciated 🙏

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Download , Project Integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan, 

Thanks for reporting this. I checked the character in Mixamo and Blender 3.0 and can reproduce the same issue. Will try to resolve this issue and give you a feedback here soon. In the meantime and as a temporary solution you can try to retarget an animation on the same character in Blender (you'll need the latest Mixamo Blender plugin which you can download here). When retargeting use a different character from Mixamo library as your source skeleton.

olasile5F9A_0-1643765799539.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi olasile,

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply! I would very much appreciate if you can fix the character, but I'll also take a look at the Blender plugin. Retargeting definitely sounds like a powerful tool to have 💪 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines