• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Regina to Unreal = Fail.

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been creating a crowd of individuals for an Unreal game.  Everything has been smooth, except for the character: Regina.  export as binary.fbx, import and process in Unreal.  What looks good on Mixamo site, is pretty bad when downloaded. I've been pretty careful with my downloads, and just this one went south.

oops Regina.jpg

 Anybody else get here?  Was there an easy fix?  

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently the visibility issue is tied to Material settings.  I was able to import the .fbx file to Blender, modify the material settings Blend mode (generally from Opaque) to Alpha Hashed and that seems to make stuff better.  But I don't really understand all the details here.  Info gleaned from this video.    Thanks to Lawhon Advanced Educational Solutions, for sharing that.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the skin in your image is set to translucent and should be changed to mask... the hair has a few options which just depends on what look you are going for

there are lots of guides around, here are my notes https://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-get-fuse-characters-working-in-unreal-engine-4-15.227038/#po...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, I ended up figuring that out.  I ended up using Opaque for all materials except hair.  Note, I discovered essentially the same issue with the character Malcolm.  Spent a lot of time here learning about materials and textures,... 

Unfortunately both of these models refuse to take Mixamo standard animations, with either the exported character in T-Shape from Mixamo skeleton or UE4_Manniqin skeleton.  All the other stuff works great, just not these two.  At this point, I'm done. I can't continue to spin my wheels on off standard, quirky, non-functional stuff.  Remember I'm building a crowd for a special demo, with lots of different characters, animations, color customizations, etc.  Time is valuable.

Regina_Walk_Ugh.png

Info posted here in case others hit this bump in the road.  #REGINA #MALCOLM

I am appreciative of the tooling offered here by Adobe in the Mixamo arena.  Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines