Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FBX Import problem

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I had no issues uploading a nude Genesis 2 model to Mixamo.
I'm now having issues after adding shoes and hair to the model.

I have tried uploading as FBX but I get the skeleton error.
When I upload as OBJ I get no textures and the error when importing into Daz Studio - Rigging limitation: boneswithout root skeleton + Rigging limitation: pre and post rotation must match in current implementation.

Is there something I should be doing before exporting my Character with Hair & shoes? This seems the be whats causing the error while uploading the FBX.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Download , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

share the model you have issues with and I'll take a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

I got a temporary character working but this is the version I would like to be using - 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1StbvPgH0tQfglwtw6eqQ35d54Spqw_NA?usp=sharing

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got your model and right away can see why Mixamo has a problem with her being scared

scare girl.jpg

just move the hair back onto the top of her head

1 your model is almost a Gig in size and will want to be at least 1/2 that when finished

2 you have a mess of bones in it with mixamo will not like... remove them before uploading so Mixamo can put correct bones in [you can always add bones after rigging]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey 🙂

Thank you so much for your help with this!

I will follow your steps and hopefully thing will work out.

One question, How would I go about making the file size smaller for the model?

Thanks once again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

check your Pm i sent you a message with a link to the model I repaired... its too big for Adobe and is at the upper limit of what Mixamo is possible to rig but it  works

Screenshot (757).png

the best way to lower size of this model would be to bake the textures onto a lower polly model and for that you need real 3D tools which Adobe doesn't have now that they dropped Photoshop; Iclone, Wrap3d and Blender are the best options you have there and they all have great totorials online so pick one you like... good luck with it mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines