• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fingers inverted

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following the worflow from https://doc.babylonjs.com/extensions/Exporters/Mixamo_to_Babylon however I think I've run into a wierd bug.

When I export without skin, the fingers are inverted (i.e. walking/running the fingers curl forwards.)  When I export with skin, I can reuse on my skinned model just fine.  Is this a bug or something?

Not a big deal because I can just export with skin and it works, but seems odd and took a while to figure out what I could do.

TOPICS
Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see why you are asking us about some 3rd party script you got from the internet... ask the guy that posted it or use the official Mixamo [to blender] script instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a script/exporter, it's just a guide.  The strange thing I'm seeing is that when exporting from Mixamo without skin selected, when I import into Blender the fingers are inverted. (Could possibly be on Blender's side, but their FBX importer seems pretty solid.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not the result I get at my end

Screenshot (725).pngScreenshot (724).pngScreenshot (727).pngScreenshot (726).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try importing both into the same Blender scene, here's what I do:

1) Import fbx with skin and fbx w/o skin

2) Select the armature with the skin

3) In Dope Sheet -> Action Editor -> Select the Action from the non-skinned armature

Jacob23997359xvt3_0-1649905658774.png

I need to import them all into 1 .blend file so I can use all animations on the same model.  Still odd to me that if I export them all with skin then delete all the extra meshes everything is cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i normally do animations in 3Dexchange but Blender 3.1 works at my end

Screenshot (730).pngScreenshot (731).pngScreenshot (732).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines