• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

glb export from Mixamo to Adobe Aero is shiny/glossy

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using both custom and native Mixamo model exports with Adobe Aero but they all come through with a metallic shiny texture that looks really unnatural. Is there a way to edit the glb file or resolve this issue? I'm also talking to the Adobe Aero people on this. Aside from that it works great and I'd like to make it a major part of the prototype pipeline! Thanks for any ideas.

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Project Integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes welcome to Adobe bubble system

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/roughness-in-dimension-don-t-work-help-please/m-p/11351361#...

it's roughness map difference between Mac and Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you for getting back to me! The link to the work around post link is not working, is there another post I can search for?

It's definitely happening on all characters, not just Fuse, also uploaded custom characters from Turbosquid. I may need to edit a glb file to fix it in the Mixamo-to-Aero export which is currently way above my paygrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes Adobe has tossed all the Fuse tutorials in the trash... helpful 😉

ok Adobe software up until last year used the Nvidia "Physically based maps" which are the standard for all 3D so if your software is old then you have to ask Fuse to export textures as Physically based [i show this step in the screenshot they kept] and then swap out the Physically based roughness map for the Mac metal roughness map i.e, toss the Mac one in the bin and use the Physically based roughness map instead

models that are not made by Fuse i.e, Photoshop last year or anything that actually uses the world standard then you will have to edit the roughness map in what ever you use for image editing... normally a Mac metal roughness map will be black or white instead of Gray i.e, you want gray

some software [like Adobe Dimension] allows you to adjust the roughness with a slider instead of a map... in these cases turn for slider down to at leat 50% i.e, human skin should be between 30%-50% in normal sunlight

sorry but I don't use Adobe Areo so not sure if they allow map sliding or you have to swap out the roughness map before uploading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines