• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I guarantee my model will work with mixamo?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded my model to mixamo and it worked fine, but I discovered the model was way too big for the scene. After sizing it down, I try uploading the model again, and it shows up blank on mixamo. can't rig anything if I can't see what I'm working with. So I tried to upload the base mesh, and that only works half of the time. Does mixamo and Blender not get along? what am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the key question here is just how big did you make this model?

and fyi resizing files is not as good as making them the right size in the first place but if you do it slowly [say 5-10% steps] then Blender and Mixamo get on just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure that's the key question. I've had other models with no size adjustment have similar issues in the past. Albeit you are right that the size should be correct from the beginning, but that doesn't explain why the base mesh isn't working either. Considering the size wasn't adjusted whatsoever. I've had some models work previously, but it seems to be a 50% chance of it working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines