• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Make Cinema 4D Skeleton Attach To A Character?

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Folks,

Just need want to kindly some assistance in regards to Cinema 4D. I was just working on providing some anaimations for a charcter of mine which I had downloaded from Mixamo. The character in which I downloaded it from was called "Bryce".

Afterwards I was searching through any available animations and found a suitable one called "Basic Locomotive Pack". I specifically wanted to use the animation labelled as "Right Strafe Walk".

I opened up Cinema 4D and inserted it into a new project and found out what I actually got was just a skeleton without my charcter attached to it. I have a video enclosed down below displaying my issue. 

Therefore, I just wanted to ask if there is a way to essentially just convert that skeleton to my character without needing to rig absolutely everything for evry single frame (as I found from other YouTube tutorials so far). I don't know if this is the correct word to use (so please correct me if I'm wrong) is there a to bind that skeleton to my Cinema 4D character so instead of the bones of the animation showing - people can see my charcter doing the same thing without any of the bones showing?

If anyone could please me some good tutorials, threads or provide me some steps on how I can achieve this - that would be an absolute great help!

~ Thanks

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i confirm your Fbx file is just animation and that it is possible to convert it for use but I'd use 3Dexchange and don't know anyone using C4D... perhaps you should try asking them how to use their software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ussnorway,

I'm happy to say I just found a tutorial that helped me achieve my intended result of my character essentially binding to the motion capture data! I have will have the video tutorial showing this and my finalised result.

Just wanted to inquire how do I make it so that the arms follow my charatcer in the same fashion? Just from the tutorial if this is worth mentioning - I had downloaded my selected Mixamo character called "Bryce" in a T-pose position as seen in the video. 

However in my finalised result in following the procedures - my character was indeed doing what I wanted it to do - but his arms can't seem to do what the skeleton was doing.

If there's a way in which this can be fixed - do please let me know.

~ Thanks

P.S:

C4D QuickTip | Add ANY 3D Character to ANY Motion Capture Data (Video URL : https://youtu.be/a9vS5uhI5gE?t=64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arms?

there is a small amout of swing around frame 15 caused by the weight of the legs moving but no actual animation

p.s, the bones don't match up because that character is different to the base Mixamo rig

bones.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Ussnorway,

I found a variant of the "Right Strafe Walking" animation on Mixamo. The URL will be posted down below.

RIGHT STRAFE WALKING 

Regardless, thanks for the help you've given me! Really appreciate it.

~ Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines