• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imports to UE4 no longer working

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've previously used mixamo animations on several projects, today I needed a quick pose and suddenly nothing is working. I uploaded a character, picked an animation and downloaded it both with and without skin. Importing without skin just gives me an error about "no geometry information" and importing with a skin, just gives me a copy of the character I just exported without any animation file at all. Thinking it was an issue with my character, I chose one of the default characters, chose an animation and downloaded it. I imported that new mixamo character into Unreal and all I got was the character. No animation file at all.

I'm receiving this error in UE4 when I try to import an animation without skin:

FBXImport: Warning: No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene.  Please make sure to enable the 'Export Smoothing Groups' option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file.  Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data at export-time so that correct vertex normals can
 be inferred while importing. 
FBXImport: Warning: Could not find the bind pose.  It will use time 0 as bind pose. 
FBXImport: Error: There is no geometry information in mesh 
FBXImport: Warning: Get Import Data has failed. 
FBXImport: Error: Import faile

I've tried importing an animation that I previously downloaded from Mixamo and was able to do so without issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

yes Adobe changed Mixamo Fbx at the end of last year just to see what would happen

read the results  https://community.adobe.com/t5/mixamo-discussions/good-news-we-ve-upgraded-the-fbx-sdk-in-mixamo-core-from-fbx2014-1-to-fbx2019-0/td-p/11664735

I know yipee right 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Adobe changed Mixamo Fbx at the end of last year just to see what would happen

read the results  https://community.adobe.com/t5/mixamo-discussions/good-news-we-ve-upgraded-the-fbx-sdk-in-mixamo-cor...

I know yipee right 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says they were working to reenable 2014 support, did that never happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file type.png

7.4 = 2014 mate but there are still bugs which depend on which build of Unreal and do you want to make a npc or a player controlled rig... they map different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. I never had any issues with that before. I guess that'll be it for mixamo then. I mainly used it for Synty Studios characters since they weren't rigged to the epic skeleton. I can just go through and remap my animations plus I already have a ton of animations already imported to older projects I could just migrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey my guy, I was having this issue too. I opened the fbx in blender and saw it had bindings on it already. when I deleted them and re-uploaded to mixamo, i was able to auto rig it and import to unreal engine. food for thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines