• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There a Way to add textures to FBX files in Mixamo?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to figure out a way, but keep failing. does anyone else know how? Also, I haves a feature request so that we can upload zip files containing the textures, and then afterwards we could adjust the textures onto the right parts and stuff, and it would make my job so much easier.

TOPICS
Character , Feature request , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

yes there is a way, Fbx is a file type owned | controlled by Autodesk and they make changes to it when a blue friday comes along

Fbx can include textures {makes the actual file size bigger} or the normal default is to just point to the textures stored somewhere on your computer... if you want the textures to show up in Mixamo then you have to find and tick the include option when making a save for export to Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes there is a way, Fbx is a file type owned | controlled by Autodesk and they make changes to it when a blue friday comes along

Fbx can include textures {makes the actual file size bigger} or the normal default is to just point to the textures stored somewhere on your computer... if you want the textures to show up in Mixamo then you have to find and tick the include option when making a save for export to Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, okay. thanks! but i dont use autodesk, mainly because i run chromium OS (you cant do much on there) most of the time, my models are in a zip archive including the textures, so theres no need really. so i dont think its possible for me to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

including the textures in a zip with the Fbx should work as long as there is only one texture for each part of the model... if you share one of these models I can test it for you at my end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, wow, really? so, for example, if an fbx file contains 3 parts, and the zip contains 3 images, it will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience while uploading the zip file to Mixamo, we need to includes everything: all textures, the .fbx, .obj and the .mtl files. You need to put both  the .obj and the .mtl in textures directory  The .fbx can be outside the textures directory. Compress them in to the zip file together with the .fbx. then upload it to Mixamo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your model should be all one part and the texture a single layer, so for example if you have one defuse map it will be applied but if you want two defuse maps for different areas of the model or they layer over the top of each other like a Photoshop document then Mixamo will not understand what you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines