Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licenses for academic usage

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To who may concern,

I am an undergraduate student at National Tsing Hua University. I am currently working on a project that involves generating a set of point cloud datasets. We plan to capture avatars and animations from Mixamo.

According to the following website, it says:
You can use both characters and animations royalty free for personal, commercial, and non-profit projects including:
- Incorporate characters into illustrations and graphic art.
- 3D print characters.
- Create films.
- Create video games.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/faq/mixamo-faq.html

Could you please clarify whether it is permissible to post-process the 3D models and use them for academic research purposes and share them with my colleagues?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Yuan-Chun Sun

TOPICS
Character , Download , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes and no

first of all "set of point cloud datasets" tends to be used as a way to 'teach' computers to learn and that would be against the Adobe rules ; see

https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/legal/servicetou/Mixamo-Addl-Terms-en_US-20210623.pdf

however that extra little rule is not a Mixamo or Fuse but an Adobe one i.e, you can use the older Fuse/ Mixamo assets for this type of learning and they are free in places like Steam... Mixamo is a rigging software not animation software so you need to use one of the open 3rd party riggers to work around that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines