• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo add-on for Blender 4.0 doesn't work

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Mixamo add-on version 30377 doesn't work in Blender 4.0 beta. Maybe developers could fix something in the code. It will be very nice. Yeah, this version of Blender still in beta, but the release on November 7th and it needs to be ready to work. Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has nothing to do with Adobe... the add-on maker isn't staff as far as i'm aware but just some coder helping old software users out.... if he or she wants to update to 4 when it goes live then that should be pretty basic edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as far as I know, its an official add-on. So yes, it has all to do with Adobe, I'm afraid.  I'm looking for the same solution as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, here it's the official website: Mixamo in Blender - Substance 3D (adobe.com)

Blender 4.0 it's published so I think it's more easy to fix now, I hope you guys can do it as soon as possible. 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe haven't updated the addon. It IS their responsibility.
All they had to do weas the fix that's out there - 

1. Go to the file ".../Blender/4.0/scripts/addons/mixamo_rig/lib/version.py" 
  2.  Line 7 is `_char = bpy.app.version_char`
  3. Replace it with `_char = getattr(bpy.app, 'version_char''')`

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, mix.pngCould they please fix this, I was working on a project, and would really love to stick to Blender 4.0, its causing me a headache, i thought i could use, rigify, but mixamo's offers a faster workflow for me. Even when installing it takes longer and halts for some reason now, and i have to click to the side or resize the window to show the addon, when i proceed to activate it, the error pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use at your own risk. 

If you comment out line 7  by making the first character on the line a #

in  c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\Scripts\addons\mixamo_rig\lib\version.py

The error will go away and it appers the plugin will work.    Do your own testing before using in producton there may be other dependencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it works than you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this managed to get it to work but when creating a control rig another error code pops up talking about armature objects having no attribute layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your tutorial, but it's still crash when I click on "Create Control Rig".

Well, sometimes it's not crashing but I get this error:

Shimon32085594znlr_0-1700571869394.png

What can I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good my friend 😉

It's a shame that users have to fix this before a giant like Adobe does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up going back to an older version of Blender and it worked perfectly so I'm just gonna wait for the addon to update before switching back to Blender 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you my friends 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't access the link to download the fixed addon for Blender 4.0. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you su much! You rule! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT WORK!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this file still available somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that error says your model isn't a standard Mixamo rig... which tends to be just human error because you didn't have it in T pose but without more info all i can say for certain is its not a crash and so isn't related to this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!! DEFINITELY APPRECIATE THIS URL LINK. LET ME BUY YOU A CUP OF COFFEE PLEASE!

GO HERE AND DOWNLOAD! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this some kind of scam your stuff not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that's not working for you doens't mean that's a scam.

You'd better yell to Adobe that aren't udpating their own stuff than tell works of users trying to fix it are just "scam" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG dont trust this guy not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to the problem install blender 3.0 from here Index of /release/ (blender.org)    if you cannot apply the new animation without skin then simply first create control rig on the model you want to add the animation then apply the skeleton with the animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: The addon doen't work in Blender 4.0

Solution: Don't use Blender 4.0

Thanks, you're genius 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines