• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo Auto-Rigger not usable anymore from touch devices / iPad

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a regression as I think this has worked in the past.

The Auto-Rigger joint assignment doesn't react to any touch or pen input, making it impossible to upload and rough a character e.g from iPad or windows devices with touchscreen. Seems only mouse inputs are accepted.

Mixamo.png

In this screen, no user input is accepted on the circles. Sometimes a hover effect appears.

Expected: can place those on iPad and continue with the process.

Tested with Android phone and iPad , Chrome and Safari

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Project Integration , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

the way a touch screen works is down to your system devices and drivers i.e, nothing to do with Adobe unless they load their own drivers like they do with Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the way a touch screen works is down to your system devices and drivers i.e, nothing to do with Adobe unless they load their own drivers like they do with Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, it's not working. 

I am on my ipad pro 12.9 inch tablet, on safari browser.

Envato elements 3D, sketchfab, 3D Warehouse and many other 3D browser controls work just fine. 

Mixamo is the only one not working - this is adobe not my ipad pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has now worked!! To control the points before I was using my Apple mouse. Previously I had bought a cheap Bluetooth mouse instead of carrying the Apple mouse around. It turns out that by using the right click I was then able to control the points and place them to get my model to become rigged!! I could've cried I have been stressed for weeks with this!! Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse now isn't working to drag the points to the body. The mouse moves around the screen normal speed, then when my model uploads it stops working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to update my software on my iPad to see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has now worked!! To control the points before I was using my Apple mouse. Previously I had bought a cheap Bluetooth mouse instead of carrying the Apple mouse around. It turns out that by using the right click I was then able to control the points and place them to get my model to become rigged!! I could've cried I have been stressed for weeks with this!! Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not very clear. Can you elaborate and let us know what you did and if it's still working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what he did was replace the busted hardware and as that was over a year ago we can assume the issue is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't 'assume' anything. No idea why you're following me around and offering snarky commentary on my posts. But as it appears you have no iPad and therefore no solution to offer, please stop. You're not helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on brand new tech so please take your unhelpful comments elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I used chrome browser on iPad Pro and it doesn't work. I can't drag the point to rig the character. If I have a character open already from the previously loaded project that was imported and rigged on desktop, I can't even use the tools on the view window to rotate and pan around my character. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. I used chrome and safari on iPad. It seems mixamo is not mobile friendly.p and it has been like this for years... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines