• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mixamo doesn't think i placed the markers on my model

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i made a 3d model of my animal jam penguin so i could start vtubing but when i auto-rig it in mixamo i get this error! if anyone can fix it, i have the model file attached below. if possible i would prefer "definatly unrigged virtualbird121" as the one i use ("definatly" bc the "unrigged virtualbird121" was actually a little bit rigged but i couldn't find the remaining armature)unknown (91).png

TOPICS
Bug , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• your model does not have fingures so change standard rig to claw
  • you placed the arm markers on the collar spikes in that screenshot... move them to the arm in stead
  • there is no real neck so imo you will be best to move the chin marker down [just above the red spike] and the groin marker up a little
  • the model is off centre so untick symmetry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the things the arm markers are on are actually the flippers. the things behind them are the wings of my armour. other than that i will try and correct everything else you pointed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same result. also i did have symmetry unticked but it re-ticked and set the skeleton back to standard when i got the error messageimage_2021-07-28_112002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this

try.jpg

can you share the model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a few points need to be worked on;

1. you can't have floating bits... remove them
  2. your two triangles coming from the turso are being seen as arms... remove them
  3. the remaining two arms are what the major cause of error is coming from but at this point Mixamo will rig the model
  4. I would adjust the arms so; they both come out of the turso at the same centerline [not 1 behind the body], and so they have no gaps, and finally as more or less the same size but its your model mate

see these images

1.png2.png3.png4.png6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the same error messege. My problem is, my model doesnt appear on the Auto Rig window,so i cants place my markers in the right positions. If anyone knows how to solve this please help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fyi its not the roughness map that causes the error but the type of map
phyically based textures are what Mixamo is desined to use i.e, Nvidia standard not metal

when Adobe jumped on the band wagon with Apple they buggered up all their 3D software

Fuse, Mixamo, Photoshop and Dimension all suffer but you can workaround it

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension-discussions/roughness-in-dimension-don-t-work-help-please/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I couldn't display placing markers window, it is skipping after i uploaded my character and motions page opening directly with my character but with wrong rigging how can i fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines