• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo model unnaturally distorts the beard. Where is the error?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a model with a beard. I used to export it directly from Fuse CC and everything was fine. But now I can't do that and to get the animation, I load this model manually in the view .zip directly to https://www.mixamo.com/. But now, after placing the anchors on the joints, I get this result. This result will always be the same, even if I change the CHIN anchor position. I tried to export the model in different ways from Fuse CC - it doesn't help.

A.pngB.pngC.png

Video: https://radikal.ru/video/Wrnbxv7vyPZ 

This happens even if the model is loaded without a beard and mustache - the jaw and chin will continue to be distorted.

Other all my models load correctly.

What could be the problem and how to solve it? Why did you then prohibit exporting models directly from Fuse CC? I understand that you stopped supporting Fuse CC in 2020. But then why didn't you set up the correct uploading of models through the site www.mixamo.com? Is Adobe going to support such a powerful and wonderful tool as Fuse CC again? Where can I download or buy armor and other clothing for Fuse CC models?

Adobe Company bought Mixamo to then bury such a wonderful tool as Fuse? It's terrible!

If it is not difficult for you, please answer my questions.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Bug , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

1st

your model will not upload from Fuse to Mixamo because Adobe pulled the plug out of the wall and shut their server down

Screenshot (479).png

2nd the chin you uploaded to Mixamo in your second screengrab has been distorted by whatever software you used on the Obj Fuse exported out... was it Photoshop, Blender or Maya?

the Fuse model will have teeth as a different part inside the mouth and with a jaw \ mandible that big I would use Wrap but other software can do the job if you are ok with stretched textures..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When connecting an animation with a curved beard in Unity to the internal avatar of an orc, this error occurs. Maybe this is the reason?

ErrorImportUnity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, here you can buy fuse clothes https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/collections/f-u-s-e . Does it make sense to buy and implement them now? And what will happen now with my models that exist in my game? Adobe of course did very badly with its users and game makers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st

your model will not upload from Fuse to Mixamo because Adobe pulled the plug out of the wall and shut their server down

Screenshot (479).png

2nd the chin you uploaded to Mixamo in your second screengrab has been distorted by whatever software you used on the Obj Fuse exported out... was it Photoshop, Blender or Maya?

the Fuse model will have teeth as a different part inside the mouth and with a jaw \ mandible that big I would use Wrap but other software can do the job if you are ok with stretched textures... anyway yes it can be fixed but it helps to know what engine because Unity has its own issues

is it worth still buying outfits for Fuse = yes I think so and have many of the ones Steve (Arteria) makes + Holly https://cutsceneartist.com/ is probably the best person to talk to about getting Fuse to play nice with Unity however Adobe also changed their Mixamo file types so be careful following old tutorials with Fbx file types

Screenshot (480).png

p.s, I see from your screengrab that you still have the old build of Fuse and the old Creative cloud app so I assume some sort of school system? Warning... DON'T UPGRADE your CC APP! it will kill Fuse from booting up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer!

>>> 1st your model will not upload from Fuse to Mixamo because Adobe pulled the plug out of the wall and shut their server down <<<

I already understand that, yes.

>>> 2nd the chin you uploaded to Mixamo in your second screengrab has been distorted by whatever software you used on the Obj Fuse exported out... was it Photoshop, Blender or Maya? <<<

Previously, when exporting from Fuse to Mixamo, there were never any problems with my models. And now, if I export obj from Fuse and manually upload it to Mixamo in the form .zip, then download fbx for Unity - these problems appears. The model mesh was once slightly distorted in Maya (teeth and groin), but using the basic grid in the Content Creator Package-Adobe Muse CC 2015.

>>> is it worth still buying outfits for Fuse = yes I think so and have many of the ones Steve (Arteria) makes + Holly https://cutsceneartist.com/ is probably the best person to talk to about getting Fuse to play nice with Unity however Adobe also changed their Mixamo file types so be careful following old tutorials with Fbx file types <<<

Thanks, I will see.

>>> p.s, I see from your screengrab that you still have the old build of Fuse and the old Creative cloud app so I assume some sort of school system? Warning... DON'T UPGRADE your CC APP! it will kill Fuse from booting up <<<

Thank you for the important warning!

My personal opinion. Adobe is a nightmare company. I spent 10 years of working in Flash (ActionScript) and 3 years of Fuse. And I began to hate this company for all the nasty things that it creates for its users. This is very sad. Now I can't show my portfolio to anyone in Flash in a browser and I now have problems in my game, since the models and clothes were made in Fuse.

Please tell me, can I use clothing and armor for my Fuse CC models in Unity game (for support) without contacting Fuse CC anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me, can I use clothing and armor for my Fuse CC models in Unity game (for support) without contacting Fuse CC anymore?

By @Volchok

I don't use Unity myself because most people flogging that horse are Mac people 😉

I know @wetcircuit likes Unity [or did] and again, she is the best person to talk to for Unity or just Fuse in general

can you still use Fuse = yes

I personally use 3Dexchange witch is part of the Iclone system but that is Windows only and $ so I know a lot of Mac users that have moved over to Akeytsu in order to rig there characters for Unity and of course Fuse1.3 is still free from Steam if you want to do the leg work converting current Fuse back into the old system

Adobe never did anything that wasn't good for corporate America and Fuse just doesn't make that sort of money to be worth their time... move on mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I got it, thanks you, I'll try to go back to Fuse 1.3 and move on. Maybe I'll rethink a lot. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines