• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo No Animation

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I already pre-rigged my character in Blender, but when I upload my character into Mixamo, my character doesn't have any animations. Mixamo can detect my skeleton, but no animations ever show up. How can I fix this problem?

TOPICS
Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.png

the image helps yes

what is happening = Mixamo detects the model but all the settings [location, scale etc] are out... this means your model is the issue and that tends to be because you auto-converted from one file type to another so a Das to Fbx

its possible to fix this in Blender by removing the extra nols and making a standard Fbx... key word = "standard"

Mixamo will want to add their own Mixamo bones to your model in order to get the animations working, after that step is finished then go ahead and adjust your model if you want extra bones or odd colours

as always share the model if you want me to take a stab at it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, here is the model- btw, what do you mean by "das to fbx"? and also since i'm pretty new to blender and mixamo, can you explain what extra nols are (and how to remove them) and how to make my model a standard fbx? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

model.png

this is the model you sent me;

1. the head is missing
  2. the right leg is missing
  3. the left leg is too thick... when both legs are put together there must be a small gap between them
  4. the arms contect to the body in a way that will not bend like a humans arm
  5. the left leg points out past the side of the body
  6. there is an extra part where the right leg show come out of the body

Mixamo is designed to rig a "human" shape... this model needs to much work for a simple fix

a nol is a point of reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i see, but i've been following a tutorial on youtube this entire time and the creator didn't have any issues. my character is practically the same (except for hair/accessories). here is the link: https://youtu.be/aZcZrdFWUcU. it should be at around 0:59 to 3:15. i followed everything the tutorial said to do. the model in the video also didn't have a head or a right leg, but still worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and also, this model that i attached below works fine, but i did the same exact steps on the other model that wasn't working. so i'm pretty confused on why the steps i took worked on one model and not the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines