• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo rig won't move the mesh, sometimes the rig won't bind to pose, but yesterday it was working

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded my rigged character from mixamo, opened it in C4D. Sometimes the rig won't bind to pose, but the new character rig will match up with it. Sometimes it does bind to pose and the character rig will match. I did the retargeting and added the object to the weighting control. The new rig is often hidden inside the character and I have to scale the root, but that doesn't change anything.

But, yesterday I could move my object and I don't know why it's not working today.

Does anybody have any ideas? I've only started rigging 1 week ago and I don't know why the mixamo rig won't bind to pose some of the time and why the new mixamo character rig won't move the object.

Pictures: adjusting looks fine to me, binding, animate with controllers hidden, animate which looks good to me but isn't moving the object and when it was working. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think what you did is try to rig the model while its not in T pose i.e, moved it or ran animation a few frames then pressed the create ... i would check the bone names are 'exactly' the same in all models

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!
I had similar issue with mixamo rig. Everytime I saved the project and opened it up the mesh was back to T-pose and didn't move with the rig. 
I tried to upload different formats to mixamo (FBX and OBJ) to see if that makes any difference but it didn't. Among dozens of test rigs that I made I noticed that one was actually working even after reopening the project file. After further investigation it turned out I saved the project file when the time marker was in the middle of the timeline and it opened with the marker in that same place.
When you import the animation from mixamo and rig it in C4D try saving it with time marker not at frame 0. Let me know if that worked for you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines