• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My character won't load in auto-rigger

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have been trying for the past week to upload a character created with Human Generator in Blender. I exported the character into a wavefront format (.obj). When I enter Mixamo and click on upload, I upload the .obj file but all I can see in grey and no character. I have tried googling for an answer or a workaround and nothing has helped. Why won't my character load properly please and how do I fix it so it doesn't happen again? I am using Blender 2.92 and 2.93 with the same results. Thanks

TOPICS
Character , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Skeleton only means just the bones and a Wavefront Obj doesn't have bones so you are literally making a blank file... That is why Mixamo shows the screen it does

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure why But I will upload a character, It will show up, and Ill place the perportion markers in the proper areas, it loads for a few minutes and then it just says "Error" and says "Please place all markers on the model" I triple checked and they were all on the model, so I'm not sure why its doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the .obj format ur file maybe taking a lot more load than what the
website intakes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here I honestly dont know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post errors shown in the console. That helps us better with possible ideas to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try out AccuRig, i find this tool to work much better vs Mixamo. It has much cleaner interface and can also work offline on your local machine.

Downside, it does not have as many free animations to add. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. changing browser can be useful. chrome or mozilla or ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same challenge my character won't even come up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

believe me just go and download ----Actor Core AccuRIG--- try it  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Surprised I'm still getting notifications for this thread but then... not surprised. Came here to say the same thing get Accurig from Actor Core!! Works out of the box each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup its super nice application. Tried it after seeing CGDives video about it. Its faster and works nice. Only downside is that therre arent that many free animations. But with that retarget option, we can still use Mixamo for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a problem, my character is without colors and is missing eyes for some reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jackson32010491w6q0 

Did export it with textures and as the documentation showed how to load model with textures?
Perhaps you had "only selection" enabled when exporting. Another option could be the eye balls have perhaps a scale set different than the body. Ive never tested this, im just thinking out load.

PS there is a new kid in town called AccuRig. The GUI is way better, though it doesnt have as much free animations as Mixamo, but rigging it way better and easier

https://actorcore.reallusion.com/auto-rig

Heres a great video from CGdive. He has tons of free and very good videos about different rigging addons for blender and some other software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines