• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oops! Please place all markers on the character!

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. I'm fairly new to Blender and Mixamo. I'm trying to rig a character to be used in a personal project I'm working on to learn a bit more in different programs. When I try to rig the model in Mixamo I get this message. I've tried turning off symmetry, tried converting the file through Autodesk and the internet, removed materials. I do not understand what the problem is. I have also tried having the model in different sizes. Anything from 5mb to 20mb to 50mb to 80mb. Is there anyone who can help me?

The File is attatched under.

kl.PNG

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

now why is it busted;

1 you have far too many materials, that is why the file ends up so big but its more of an issue because those different materials are trying to rendor to the same parts of your model

i'll post you a how to bake ved

2 another issue is the mix of file types and the A pose but the 1st issue is the main one

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

covert to standard

Screenshot (1513).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but do you know how I can keep the texture names and the ARKit Blend Shapes on the model. The one you uploaded worked in mixamo, but when I took it into blender it was missing the Texture names under materials and the Blend shapes/ Shape Keys were gone. Do you know of any way to get it into mixamo but still keep these things?

Materialler.PNGshape keys.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changing file names makes it a nonstandard file type which Mixamo can't read

your correct workflow it to start with a standard model in T pose [like the one i made but with colour] then rig that in Mixamo to add bones/ animations and then do whatever random stuff you need to the naming system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually meant that I wanted to keep the texture sections. So not the names per se, but rather how the different textures are distributed on the mesh. it becomes a bit difficult (at least for me who doesn't know much) to divide the mesh into parts to give them the texture again. In the pictures I added, you can see how the names and Shape Keys were on the original model, but with the new one that works in mixamo, the boxes are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to share a copy of your model that has textures i'm willing to take a look at it

imo thats a better than trying to explain what you want because it could be something simple like an image format Mixamo can't read like .Tif or something more complex like Autodesk messing up you files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the best i can do

Screenshot (1527).pngScreenshot (1526).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now why is it busted;

1 you have far too many materials, that is why the file ends up so big but its more of an issue because those different materials are trying to rendor to the same parts of your model

i'll post you a how to bake ved

2 another issue is the mix of file types and the A pose but the 1st issue is the main one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help! It is working good now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines