Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

posing issues of interoperability

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Is anyon at adobe able to convey that mixamo truly needs to import into programs starting in the forms designated a-pose and not reset it. Mixamo fails in fit accuracy for garment production because we need the a pose. Also if I am applying code to bones and I have shoes rigged, it causes problems on shoes, unless I export the form as obj to to mixamo. In this case it makes the shoes look super funky, particulalrly in cat walk . Truly is problematic for apparel product development. I advise any company to only use mixamo for the animating of the form or clothes and never ever for fit validation. Never for fit construction. That said we still need start position in a-pose. 

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Project Integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mixamo has little to do with Adobe... it was made for character animation i.e games not fashion but the idea that A pose is better than T pose is debatable

Adobe got Mixamo for the staff which are now working on other projects or otherwise moved on so nothing is getting redesigned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines