• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tip: check that your FBX file doesn't contain references to texture files

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent a lot of time trying to understand why Mixamo refused to import the rigged mesh I did in Blender, although I have another one for which it works like a charm. So I'm posting this in case it might help others.

Turns out, the FBX file that didn't work contains reference to the textures (as can be found when opening the FBX file in 3D Viewer on Windows 10) and the one that works no.

So, as there is no way to disable materials in the FBX exporter, the fix is to remove the material from the meshes before the export. Then Mixamo correctly imports the FBX file.

I didn't try to upload a .zip file containing the texture files to see if it fixes the problem too.

TOPICS
Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when you export the Fbx from Blender (or any other software) there is a tick box to enbed the textures in the file or just link to their location... if you just have a link then Mixamo will show the model white because it can't read your local system files i.e, no textures

if you link the textures there are 3 possible outcomes;

1. the model has standard rbg single textures and looks great
  2. the model has metal textures like the current build of Photoshop uses and looks shiny like its reflecting the light wrong
  3. the model has some other non standard image format like layered textures and normally looks gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines