• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to upload a zip file including .mtl and .obj files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've been struggling to find an answer online to my specific sceneraio, basically, I've been trying to upload a zipped file that includes both an .obj and .mtl files and all the textures it requires (and without the textures it requires too, to see if that would have worked) to Mixamo with no success of Mixamo mapping my character. 

I'm using Fuse from steam since Fuse adobe has ceased, exporting it to a folder in obj format, including the packed textures, and zipping it all up to one single package. Uploading it all to the site.

Uploading the mesh by itself works just fine (just the obj file) but all the rest I struggle with.

Would love if someone's got a solution for me, sorry, I'm quite a noob in this as I've started game developing very recently.

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

I figured it out, apparently the .mtl file that was automatically generated by the fuse steam version was coded incorrectly, I suspected that so I created a different mtl file using Blender, and changed around the paramaters in the mtl file to match the Blender's mtl file.

It looked quite similar I'll admit, the only difference I spotted was that the bump map was called as "bump <filename>" instead of "map_Bump <filename>" like the other paramaters. 

The other differences were unused paramaters

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue will be the textures are in the wrong format, missing or just too big... if you share the file you tried to upload I'll take a look for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, apparently the .mtl file that was automatically generated by the fuse steam version was coded incorrectly, I suspected that so I created a different mtl file using Blender, and changed around the paramaters in the mtl file to match the Blender's mtl file.

It looked quite similar I'll admit, the only difference I spotted was that the bump map was called as "bump <filename>" instead of "map_Bump <filename>" like the other paramaters. 

The other differences were unused paramaters that Blender used but Fuse didn't, and the values had a few more zeros after the dot.

Thanks for the help though I appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try archiving this document and then just open it with different widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines