• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VRM to FBX File + Loads the model but stuck loading with preset animations

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a vroid/vrm model that I made and is pre-rigged and everything. The model loads in fine but when I try to select a preset animation it gets stuck loading forever. I have it in both fbx form and everything + T-pose and I just cannot figure out why it is not loading properly. 

I have followed like 10 tutorials and spent hours trying to figure this out!! 

TOPICS
Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

FIGURED IT OUT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the .vrm if anyone could help me figure this out. I've tried decimating and reducing model files, I've tried going through blender, using the CATS plugins etc, tried unity, everything. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HkcPR09YLDN8p5zpLcVDeMpjia4lQuI8/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, If you mean that is about testing the VRM Vroid model on Mixamo, we need to try any options on FBX exported and imported. I'am trying so many times.. and I am using Blender to edit the character that I've created on Vroid.
I try to explained it on Blender. Here, I assume that you have already prepare a Vroid VRM model, you have Blender software and willing to extract and test the rig on Mixamo.

First think first you need to have a VRM Blender add on.. you can download it on Github.
a) You don't need to reduce anything while exporting the VRM files from Vroid. Keep it as is, because nothing to do with this.
b) Import the VRM to Blender using the add on and open it on Blender.
c) Export the VRM to FBX [or Obj] which the only format that Mixamo can read the files. I prefer FBX.
- Select everything on your character in Layout menu. Everything including the modifiers.
- After select all disable the Armature. This mean you don't need to includes the Armature while exporting to Mixamo.
- Select FBX export option as a normal operation with Copy on the path mode and export it.
- Upload to Mixamo and let Mixamo perform the rigging [auto-rig].
d) Select T-pose or any animation pose on Mixamo and download it with skin to FBX and open it with Blender.

Hope it help you. Here some of animation on Vroid Char using Mixamo and Blender. See my YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hDiB9K0EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLmamh6o2Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIGURED IT OUT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines