• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright of the Mixamo model

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just combine the hair from the Mixamo website with my own model into a new model and use this new model for commercial use?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Feature request , Performance , Project Integration , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

define 'commercial use'?

yes you can put a Mixamo hair onto your model and then use that model to make anything allowed by the Mixamo licence terms i.e, a image, youtube etc but you can not sell that model to others with the Mixamo hair attached because people have to download the hair from Mixamo themselves i.e, you can sell 'what you make' with the new model but not 'the actual model' because the hair belongs to Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

thats fine and no you don't need to get credit

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

When I use Mixamo assets to make commercial movies and TV works, I don't need to obtain any additional authorization, right?

By @易15C3

quoteI don't need to indicate the origin of the mixamo license in my commercial film and television works, right?

By @易15C3

I don't need to specify the author and source of the mixamo assets that I have used in my commercial film and television works, right?

By @易15C3

correct yes, yes and yes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

define 'commercial use'?

yes you can put a Mixamo hair onto your model and then use that model to make anything allowed by the Mixamo licence terms i.e, a image, youtube etc but you can not sell that model to others with the Mixamo hair attached because people have to download the hair from Mixamo themselves i.e, you can sell 'what you make' with the new model but not 'the actual model' because the hair belongs to Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. The ‘commercial use’ means that I will use Mixamo's hair elements to make commercial short films, which will be sold to some video websites.I will combine Mixamo hair with my own models for commercial short films.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will combine the hair of the Mixamo model (or other parts of the Mixamo model) with the body of the character model I made to make a new character model for my commercial video production.In my commercial video production, I might also combine the full Mixamo model with the Mixamo action file for commercial production.Of course, I might just use the Mixamo model or just use the Mixamo action file for my commercial video production.

Do I need to indicate the author and source of the Mixamo assets (Mixamo models, Mixamo action files, Mixamo model elements (hair, clothes, textures, etc.) ) that I have used in my commercial video? Do I need any additional permission?

I will not sell any part of the Mixamo model(hair,  clothes, textures, etc.) , and I will not sell any Mixamo models or Mixamo action files.

The "commercial video" mentioned above includes short films, films, TV dramas, cartoons, documentaries, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats fine and no you don't need to get credit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QQ截图20210616140700.png

Thanks for your kind reply. My English is not good, so I can only communicate with you through translation tools.

According to my previous chat, I don't need to specify the author and source of the mixamo assets that I have used in my commercial film and television works, right? I don't need to indicate the origin of the mixamo license in my commercial film and television works, right?

When I use Mixamo assets to make commercial movies and TV works, I don't need to obtain any additional authorization, right?

The Mixamo assets mentioned above include: mixamo models(Or part of the Mixamo model, such as hair model), mixamo character textures(Or the texture of the mixamo hair model that I only used in my commercial film and television works), and mixamo action files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @易15C3

quoteI don't need to indicate the origin of the mixamo license in my commercial film and television works, right?

By @易15C3

I don't need to specify the author and source of the mixamo assets that I have used in my commercial film and television works, right?

By @易15C3

correct yes, yes and yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the production of my commercial film and television work, although I only used the hair part of the Mixamo character assets, I actually used both the Mixamo hair model and the hair texture file of the Mixamo hair model that I had already used.There is nothing wrong with the way I use Mixamo assets for commercial productions, right?
Of course, I will not sell this new model which is made from Mixamo hair parts and my own 3D model (including my own human texture) ,  nor will I sell the texture files for this new model, nor will I sell the Mixamo hair model and hair texture separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines