• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FBX 2019 Update: Why has the FBX for Unity option been removed?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using exported mixamo animations to animate characters in Unity but it seems that the 'FBX for Unity' export option has been removed since Mixamo recently updated to FBX 2019. The 'FBX for Unity' option included Root Motion data but it appears that the new FBX 2019 option doesn't.

Can you please let me know when Mixamo will be reintroducing this export option or if there is a workaround for me to add root motion data to the exports?

Thanks

TOPICS
Character , Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for reintroducing the older versions please, the current exports don't work in Blender v2.7 and is a big hinderence to my workflow to drop out of nowhere. While I am excited to see Mixamo recieve updates and support, I would appreciate the old options still being there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same problem, I use Unity and the new version of fbx is not compatible with unity.

Unity don't detect the rigg and the textures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines