• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good news! We've upgraded the FBX SDK in Mixamo core from FBX2014.1 to FBX2019.0

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This upgrade means you can seamlessly export and upload the latest FBX file versions or earlier. And if your character uses Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials, those materials will also be passed through seamlessly (although they will not display in Mixamo).

TOPICS
Character , Download , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee thanks a lot Polly but I don't suppose you guys allowed any way to keep the old rig system that people have been using upto today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway! Can you explain in more detail the problem you're having? We will definitely look into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

short version = the 2019 file should be physically bigger Polly

result = breaks the old workflow for Unity and Unreal game design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ! Great news !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Finally 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give option to download the FBX 2014 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael! Did you try the output FBX 2019 version in your use case? When we tried using the 2014 compatibility option in the exporter the output files turn out exactly the same so we consolidated the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael!

We are working on a patch to enable the option to output to version 7.4 / FBX 2019 SDK with 2014 compatibility.

Since thiswill not be available until the new year, we have released an FBX version 6 export option. This worked for testers so we are optimistic that this will get you back to work.

We have also re-released the Unity export option.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for using Mixamo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what happened since the upgrade, but I had a specific model working perfectly a few days ago that will no longer rig. Shows up no problem when uploaded, however every time I've placed the markers and clicked next, it says "please place markers". Stumped, I've tried multiple fbx versions, obj, etc. The model hasn't changed and worked perfectly a few days back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone else having this same issue, I fixed the problem by exporting in FBX 2019. Any previous versions no longer seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue as you... 

What software are you using to export FBX 2019? 
Thanks! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this has been done, none of the software I use can import FBX2019.

Whilst FBX2019 has backwards compatabilty, it's 'newer' ssytem means that older software (that would read previous FBX iterations) will no longer read the Mixamo output - as it's an unkown file format.

Is there any chance of adding back an 'export as' version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Autorig no works anymore for me since 2 days. I made a 3D model in Magica Voxel, exported to OBJ and imported into Mixamo: the knees and elbows are no longer rigged. No error message. The same model worked before the last update. I can no longer work on my project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Semifer, sorry for the trouble. Do you mind sharing your OBJ so we can test internally?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are you going to start adding new moves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for me the upgrade doesn't work, my 3D software, C4D R17 doesn't recognize the FBX 2019 file nor the Collada file ... All my ongoing work is scrap ... Is there a way of adding a possibility to still have a FBX 2014 downloadable file ? Thanks. Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about using Blender with this $25 addon: https://blendermarket.com/products/better-fbx-importer--exporter

According to the developer the addon supports:

• Supports automatic bone orientation.
  • Supports armature deform animation.
  • Supports exporting non-linear animation.
  • Supports shape key animation.
  • Supports multiple material sets.
  • Supports multiple UV sets.
  • Supports multiple vertex color sets.
  • Supports meshes attach to bones.
  • Supports mesh instances.
  • Supports generic node transform animation.
  • Supports dummy nodes.

But does not support:

• Does not support IK bones.
  • Does not support custom bone shapes.

Anyway I don't know why Mixamo would remove the old format. Seems unlogical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each update, since some years, brokes Mixamo a little more. I think this tool is going to die soon and it's a big problem for many creators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, updates are nice, but currently I cannot import anything from Mixamo. This 2019 format is unsupported/badly supported by all the 3D modelling software I use. I know you guys at Adobe try to keep things 'clean and simple' but adding an option for the export format (2014/2019) would be nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, we are working on a patch to reenable 2014 export!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I come to you as I am having big troubles using Mixamo now, and I cannot find any information on the Mixamo help page:
.OBJ custom characters I try to import don't work anymore. I have the same error message: "Sorry, unable to map your existing skeleton"... Great! But my character has no skeleton, I let Mixamo do it for me as importing a character with an existing skeleton put me into troubles... 
If I try to import a character in .FBX format, I'll have first after the upload my character partially transparent and the auto rigging process times out and sends me back to the screen where I have to place the circles on my character. Trying again will show the same results. I tried exporting with the new Blender both .Obj and .fbx, nothing works anymore. 
I keep hearing that only FBX 2019 works now, but what are the softwares exporting this format? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but what are the softwares exporting this format? 

Fbx is owned by Autodesk and they change the format at will... the Maya builds 2019 Fbx because that software is also owned by Autodesk but you have to upgrade your Maya licence and its not cheep

about a year ago the users of this forum tested Fbx 2019 in all kinds of senarios with Windows and Mac systems to find Autodesk did some funky things with the header adding pointless zeros to pack the file out

we posted all our findings on the Fuse forum which Adobe clearly didn't bother to read so the short version is Fbx2019 is NOT compatable with most of the older [free] software around which uses the Fbx file system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines