• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import a GTA V Model into Mixamo

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a model of the character Michael from GTA V and was able to at least rig it in Mixamo.

However I have no idea how to apply the textures, there are quite a few, 79 file in total.

Is something a noob like myself can tackle or is it way beyond beginner level?

Thanks!

https://gamebanana.com/models/download/3334

TOPICS
Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Fbx file

Screenshot (4473).png

if you have issues sing out

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fbx file

Screenshot (4473).png

if you have issues sing out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Fantastic. I would love to know how you did this or if you could point me to a tutorial.

Again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the basic steps are:

• open each Tga file and convert it to Png... I cheated because there is no transperency and just got Bridge to batch convert all of them to Jpg at once

Screenshot (4468).png

• place the textures on the model with whatever 3D software you like to use... I used my work laptop which has an old build of Adobe Dimension.
  1. this model is old school where every material is called default so you have to break that chain as you import textures or they go to all areas instead of just face, hair etc... its easy to do this in Dimension because there is a break link option for each material [load the defuse and the normal map for each area]
  2. note eyes and teeth are the same map as are shirt and jacket on this model... there are also alt textures so you can load different colour shoes or a yellow shirt etc

Screenshot (4469).pngScreenshot (4470).png

• assuming you use Dimension as well then do your self a solid and export as Glb file... that is another old school format that gets around the current BS between Apple and Nvida. a Glb can be easy converted to Fbx... Windows users have default software called Paint 3D which can do it and thats what I used

Screenshot (4477).png

Screenshot (4479).pngScreenshot (4480).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time, very interesting. I'm not familiar with Adobe Dimension, I think they have a free trial. I also need to familiarize myself more with 3D software in general. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much everyone. I was looking for same thing for gta vice city apk and finally got it. I am going to try it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines