• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing in Mixamo a character rigged in Blender

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For greater flexibility I would like to add my own animations to those available in Mixamo ( for the same character built by me in Blender ). The point is how to best do that. In fact I would like to use my own rig in Mixano but if I try it does not work well ( I have problems with the arms ( only with them and I can not understand why: they always cross each other even if they are not rigged ). On the other hand it seems that I can not import any of mixamo's rigs ( just their skeleton ) if I decide to rig everything inside Mixamo ( and without rigs, building my own animations in Blender is then much more difficult ). So how to solve the problem ?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Project Integration , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arms cross because Blender is reading the Mixamo Fbx wrong... or because the Mixamo Fbx actually is wrong

there are plug ins for Blender which add the standard 4 Mixamo bone rigs... imo its worth a few $ to save time but yes you can do it yourself if you like

p.s, arms folding [at the elbow] is also an Fbx read error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arms cross when I import the fbx from Blender into Mixamo. Could you mention those plugins ? Or any link allowing me to do it on my own. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use this one (has tutorial youtube and good notes) but there are others

https://github.com/enziop/mixamo_converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to upload an already rigged model ( by me ) from Blender to Mixamo but it does not work and I can not figure out what skeleton should I use. This is the point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

part 1

• ok all Mixamo rigs are the same but for the hand i.e, 5 digits vs a claw or nothing
  • you can add bones to a Mixamo rig with face being the most common so you can animate a smile now that Adobe ripped out the blend shape system but you can't upload your own bones if they do the same thing as Mixamo bones i.e, Mixamo will not replace bones

now if you want to share the model I may suggest which rig to use but at this point only you can answer that

part 2

Mixamo uses Fbx which they don't really understand and worse keep changing so that creates errors in reading the bone rigs between Mixamo and what ever 3rd party software you try to load your animation into, things like crossed arms, folded skin, and busted animations are all caused by Fbx being misread and the fact of the matter is Autodesk does this by design so the point of this addon i use is simple... don't use Fbx convertion in your workflow but Dae instead

to be clear, its not Fbx verion 1, 2 or 3 so much as auto-converting it from one to the other that tends to break things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines