• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo cannot map character file

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am over and over again receiving the "unable to map your existing skeleton" error after waiting for my .obj or .fbx files of a character to upload to Mixamo. There is no skeleton.

With every new attempt I've stripped the file down to be as simple and concise as possible, deleting all materials and pertrusions. Since it is my first try on a Mixamo upload, I based the whole character on a simple downloaded body that I'd tried to upload in advance. Everything worked out great then. What I have now is basically that very same .obj file, only with more detailed feet and a resculpted face. 

What could the problem be? Is there a size limit of any kind? I'd love an answer or any help.

TOPICS
Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I should add that I am using Blender, and no other software at any stage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the same issue did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are uploading different copies of the same model then proxy server error is the most likely issue... share the model you are tring to upload and I'll test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is the .obj file with no materials or clothes. I'd love to get this one to work and perhaps navigate my way up towards the "real" model. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the file doesn't seem to be uploading. It doesn't exceed the size limit, so that is strange. I tried to upload it to mixamo again and I got much further, probably because this one was a smaller file size. I still got an error when it came to processing however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines