Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo Rigs Don't Adjust in C$D

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried importing the Dummy character into C4D R23 and applying the C4D Mixamo Control Rig to it as per the School of Motion Tutorial. The rig does not adjust properly. It seems from web posts that some of the rigs don't work with the latest versions of C4D. Is that correct? Does anyone have a list of the ones that don't work? Is there a workaround other than uploading the character to Mixamo so it would be re-rigged (I tried that, it didn't help).

Thanks,

Charles

P.S. They are all standard human-form characters and there are only a few dozen joints to line up - maybe I missed something in my years as a programmer but this seems like the kind of problem an intern could fix in a couple of hours. Is there an Xpresso or Python script that handles this?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Bug , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems from web posts that some of the rigs don't work with the latest versions of C4D. Is that correct?

By @C Durward Rogers

yes thats correct and the issue is that not all the characters are made to the same standard i.e, some are made with 1 software and others a different one + the pose \ bone rig doesn't always line up

you can convert the models with 3Dexchange if you have the Iclone system but I don't know of anyone still using C4D sorry mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What reference told you that it wouldn't work?
If you're exporting simple FBX or DAE bvh data, it will still work without any scripting.

If you're attempting to export the C4D (dummy) manequin, note that the object is made up of multiple objects, not a single mesh. You should be able to target your capture data to another biped (with possible weighting editorial).

(and yes, there are plenty of people using C4D still LOL... See today's Time Magazine Cover Art on C4D NFT) 😀

Final.Beeple.Cover2_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines