• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixamo texture maps problem

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hey, i am facing some issues with the textures of my humanoid 3d model when i am exporting it from mixamo. I had imported them to mixamo from blender for rigging. After the rigging process is done in mixamo, the model appeared to be in good condition in the 3d viewport of mixamo with proper textures and mesh. But when i export it as an fbx, the model seems to be glitchy, its specular map seems to be altered and its normal map is missing, even though the model is in its perfect condition in blender.
  • Also, whn i tried exporting the model as a .dae file it gets exported as an . Anyone else facing the same issue?
TOPICS
Bug , Character , Download , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021
its specular map seems to be altered

rbg = the nvidia standard that works well and everyone uses

metal = the new Apple drivers

Also, whn i tried exporting the model as a .dae file it gets exported as an . Anyone else facing the same issue?

huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its specular map seems to be altered

rbg = the nvidia standard that works well and everyone uses

metal = the new Apple drivers

Also, whn i tried exporting the model as a .dae file it gets exported as an . Anyone else facing the same issue?

huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont understand, all my texture maps are in the rgb format.

😅and its .dae file to fbx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's the link if y'all want to take a look at the model

https://mega.nz/file/7J8HWICT#9t1l-T1dIbuPPXqmrd9kgD6IOdXzh9Y4cnnJFGjkLBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4434).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the issue, mixamo works with older fbx models. The fbx works well with autodesk softwares but doesn’t work properly with other softwares i guess. Idk, heres the link for the zip which i had uploaded to mixamo

https://mega.nz/file/DFEGQDAB#9t1l-T1dIbuPPXqmrd9kgD6IOdXzh9Y4cnnJFGjkLBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fbx can be a B to work with if you convert versions yes but Mixamo is working so try some of the other download options or change your workflow steps

Screenshot (4435).pngScreenshot (4436).pngScreenshot (4439).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i downloaded the .dae file from mixamo, it was very glitchy. it wasnt working with any softwares and it appears to be transparent in blender and in the microsoft 3d viewer. heres what i got from mixamo

https://mega.nz/file/SF9xDKxK#VKPzzK5jNhMHKvbMogpT6GslDu-pPiu7f6hjqFWVqtA

Is there any way to fix this? i am not good in animating or modelling, so for animation i am depending heavily on mixamo, as there are no other softwares like it. Is there any other softwares which can be used to export these fbx or collada files into ther compatible versions for blender?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see a few issues with that file; missing IBL is why the model looks invis, the tiny scale is silly but easy to fix an there is not actually any animation... still Blender can read and rendor it so Mixamo is working

Screenshot (1110).png

fyi dae is a very old file type that really only Mac users still play with... its fine as a work around for Fbx convert issues but not good for a full workflow

other animation software = iclone (the best and $) Unity (Mac users) ot Unreal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but where will i get a IBL file? If possible can u send me the one u have shown in the screen shot😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

open it in Photoshop and then export it to a new location will auto generate a ibl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines