• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My character won't load in auto-rigger

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have been trying for the past week to upload a character created with Human Generator in Blender. I exported the character into a wavefront format (.obj). When I enter Mixamo and click on upload, I upload the .obj file but all I can see in grey and no character. I have tried googling for an answer or a workaround and nothing has helped. Why won't my character load properly please and how do I fix it so it doesn't happen again? I am using Blender 2.92 and 2.93 with the same results. Thanks

TOPICS
Character , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Skeleton only means just the bones and a Wavefront Obj doesn't have bones so you are literally making a blank file... That is why Mixamo shows the screen it does

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all I can see in grey and no character

By @SgtDannySgt

what?

do you mean the model uploads but the colour is only gray... that would be because the texture files can't be read

a white model would be the textures are missing

please take a screenshot and post it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your reply. Here is a screenshot of what I am trying to explain. Here is my workflow as well. In Blender 2.92, I create a character with the HumanGen addon. I then export it into a wavefront file, and select selection only, and change the path mode to copy then export it. I then save the resulting files into a folder, zip that folder and drag it into Mixamo. Agter about a minute of processing, I get this result:

Female_Mixamo_issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem. This is because of the browser change to chrome browser 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue neither firefox nor chrome will load the model into the auto-rigger. Has anyone else come accross this/know what's up? I've spent two days just trying to get the auto-rigger to accept my FBX export from Daz and C4D and I finally get it to work only to slam into yet another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try edge, it actually works great for Mixamo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, neither FireFox, Chrome, or Edge are working for me. I have the same problem, where the auto rigger screen will just be completly grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah nothing works. I've tried direct from daz, from c4d, from blender, all the browsers, tried removing bones. I've given up. It would help to know what fbx settings and what mixamo will accept in detail. There's just no info except long threads all over the internet that go nowhere for me :/. Am now trying to just download the mocap data and retarget using a blender add on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Solved it by reducing the polygon count. Mixamo tends to reject models with too high a count

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will keep this in mind thank you. I really think the issue is Daz specifically. Some of their models are apparently a no go for mixamo and I've had varying success. The upshot of this is that it's pushed me to just learn modeling my own characters. My tests so far have been successful so it's obviously a Daz problem unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAZ models are fine, it's a limitation from Mixamo's side.

You could also try to make a low poly version and use it as a mesh cage. This will slow down animation playback. I also have not tested this,it was just a brain fart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reduce the polygon count?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skeleton only means just the bones and a Wavefront Obj doesn't have bones so you are literally making a blank file... That is why Mixamo shows the screen it does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks alot. I will upload in .fbx format from now on. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a issue in uploading a character

actually i have such a game character in which there are 4 parts the upper body i.e. chest, the lower body i.e. legs and thighs, a mask and the wings

so as soon as the character is uploaded on mixamo Screenshot (6).pngi can only see the wings of my charcter with a light black color  and no textures for the upper lower body and mask as such

plzz help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its correct you see the character without textures, unless you embed them with a FNX exporter which can do that.

The character looks fine to me, perhaps your rotation is off but this could also be because you rotated the viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this is the correct answer, i did not see the op mention anything about bones. The person used obj and selection only. When did he state that selection was a rig?

Would help more if the obj was shared here so we could test it on our side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems.  The right side stays blank whether I am uploading or just trying to see the animation by clicking on it.  I checked Chrome and followed the steps to enable WebGL and same result.  Tried in Explorer and same result. When I tried to upload, the right screen spun around for 2 days.  Instead of being a learning experience, it is more like World War 3 over this which is very frustrating and patience is starting to wear very thin.  Can someone tell me what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi J

Example005.jpg

that error message means your browser doesn't have or doesn't allow WebGL... normally now days its the 2nd one

please take a screengrab of your model as it looks uploaded to Mixamo or share the actual model

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either enable OpenGL in your browser or try a different browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally solve it, su have to set your character in the origin location, x:0 Y:0 z:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tysmsaved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRO THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro, Yes! Thank U!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines