Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pure motion captured data?

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering how exactly the animations have been recorded. I am assuming that they were motion captured, is that correct?

If yes, which post-processing has been applied to it? I am asking mainly because you can modify the animations with sliders and if it was just pure motion captured data, that should not be possible. 

Is it possible to get the data as it was recorded without any (potentionally unnatural) modifications of the pose?

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop motion is where each point on the slider is moved by hand... motion capture is where you record an actor and copy that data to your model

your understanding of pure motion capture editing is wrong and yes you can use a slider but Mixamo is mostly made with stop motion... there may be 1 or 2 made with motion capture but I'm not aware of any

you can of course convert Mixamo models to use whichever system you need as well but in general you are best to use one or the other instead of mixing them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, motion capture.

There isn't really processing applied to it.  The adjustment sliders are just changing curve values assigned to the different motions.  Some of those custom changes that you make might force the curve into "unnatural" territory, but maybe some people want that.

Any BVH data can be manipulated by changing the range to which the capture is mapped.

Changing the anchor values, the capture values, or the timing value ranges can give you a variety of choices. 

The capture may appear differently on different geometry.  Download the data without making changes, and look at the animations without geo.  I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines