Exit

Question about the licence

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't find the answer so I ask here;

Is it allowed to convert mixamo animation for a game to share for free with players to make films or machinimas in the game ?

I hope yes haha because these animations are so useful 

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character , Download , Feature request , Performance , Project Integration , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people can easily extract the Mixamo assets from your project then you are in trouble... As long as that's not the case you are fine

it doesn't matter if you sell or give them away for free and it doesn't matter if you give credit {most people can tell mixamo animations}... yes you can make games, images or vids etc but you can't give them the actual Mixamo assets to make their own because they should download those from Mixamo themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about creating a game but to convert the animation for an existing game so that's why I don't really understand the "extract the mixamo assets"... The thing is that very few people know how to convert animations (also it is pricy) for this game, so there's no intend of "making their own" animations using mixamo

I don't really know how to explain properly... And if in fact the question is if the players of other games can extract the animation from the game I'm converting for, no they can't, it will be only playable in this game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if in fact the question is if the players of other games can extract the animation from the game I'm converting for, no they can't, it will be only playable in this game.

By @Mia5FC7

yes that is the question and "no" = you are fine

p.s, converting animations is a skill like any other... there are cheep options but its more about knowing a workflow that gives the result you need 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines