• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unknown Error" when trying to rig imported model

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load my custom character into Mixamo and place the points, I get a message saying "Unknown Error while generating motion."  It's like Mixamo doesn't recognize my model as a riggable character.  I realize it may be hard to tell from just a screenshot, but on first glance can you tell what it is about my model that is causing issues?  The thumbs look reversed here, but they are correctly positioned. Also, I tried this model with different hands, thinking they were the problem--but no results.  Granted, it's clumsily built. But I just ran this off as a prototype for something in AR. Wondering if my construction method in C4D is the problem, but I haven't had too many problems so far.mixamo error.png

TOPICS
Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thumbs are correct mate which means your file (assume Fbx) is reading wrong and turning the head around to face behind... I would convert this model to wavefront Obj, upload that to rig the bones and adjust my work flow from that point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if he need FBX for his Engine? Not every Engine is compatible with OBJ. So in fact, your answer isn´t helpful bcse it not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if he needs Fbx he can have it because Mixamo will download the model as Fbx [many different choices]

uploading as Obj is a good work around because its a standard file type... wavefront Obj is best and this thread is over a year old so its likely that was the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i get the same error but with an obj file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines