Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigging My Custom Model for Unreal Engine

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, 

I ve got a character model (and it has beard hair clothes etc) , I want to use the Mixamo Animation Library but i need some help for these questions;

1-how can i create a “root motion” animation. 

2- how can rig this complex model? Rig the base model than add physic prop later on? Or is there a way to rig the complete model? 

Thank you 

TOPICS
Animation Controls , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Mixamo adds bone skeleton to a basic human model and that is all it does so weight maps are between you and what ever software is making/ reading them

How complex a model for unreal depends on the project but in general close ups should be rendored in software like inclone then exported to unreal... Unreal is older software designed for top down view

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 you combine the animations together in Unreal after importing the model

2 here are my notes https://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-get-fuse-characters-working-in-unreal-engine-4-15.227038/#po... understand that Fbx and Unreal keep changing so you have to adjust your workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you both reply shortly and the link. 

I ve already have a retargeting knowloedge but your notea will help alot. 

I need an advise for rigging method. If you have a complex model and it has lots of clothes prop etc. What do you advise; will directly upload the model to Mixamo than work the weight map correction (and how? ) 

or upload the simple base version of the model to Mixamo than add the props? 

I am a solo developer and modeling is not my strongest skill.

I see the tricky part as weight map and collabrating the mixamo model with epic skleton.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mixamo adds bone skeleton to a basic human model and that is all it does so weight maps are between you and what ever software is making/ reading them

How complex a model for unreal depends on the project but in general close ups should be rendored in software like inclone then exported to unreal... Unreal is older software designed for top down view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines