• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture Issue in UE4

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can create a character in Fuse and manually export the OBJ to mixamo rigger, that's fine....after downloading the rigged character and try to import it in to Unreal Engine is only gives me 1 single material slot but I have 2 materials obviously (Skin and clothing) but somewhere along the line between exporting from fuse and downloading the rigged character it strips the UV mapping.....so now when I try to apply, say, the skin material un Unreal Engine it just applies it to the whole model, clothing too! Thing is, I had no problems with the Fuse > UE4 workflow before adobe took over Fuse...sooooo what's the deal!? What's the solution?

TOPICS
Bug , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

yes mate uploading from Fuse gives you a different model than uploading manually does... Holly made a great tutorial with work arounds for this issue in the Fuse forum which Adobe has now locked

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes mate uploading from Fuse gives you a different model than uploading manually does... Holly made a great tutorial with work arounds for this issue in the Fuse forum which Adobe has now locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say "locked" i'm assuming you mean no longer viewable? I tried to search for it and couldn't find it. It would be great if someone can remember the workaround as this issue is kinda holding me back from getting on with important feature implementations to my teams game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a dig around and found this for you... its old but covers the basic issues

also she is the best person to talk to as Adobe just doesn't know

p.s, yes locked = tossed in the bin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will take a look in to that it's been a step in the right direction much appreciated! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines