Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Various troubles uploading models to Mixamo

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
I am creating a game using Unreal and, as I am not able to model charcaters, I use Make Human which is quite easy to use. 

My problem is strange, as sometimes, importing my character to Mixamo works. 
Some other times, during the uploading, my charcacter appears transparents, and some other times, the rigging process will time out and fail, sending me back to the screen where I have to place the circles on my character. I can try again as many times as I want, after an interminably long loading, I am sent back to this screen... And some other times, it will work without problems! 
The way I work is always the same: I create my character on Make Human and export it as Make Human exchange (Without skeleton) to Blender. From Blender, I export it as a .FBX or .OBJ formats, both of them showing the same results on Mixamo. They can work, they can fail, and I don't understand what parameter will decide for a go or a fail in Mixamo's processes... 

Could someone help me? 

Thanks 🙂 

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Adobe just changed Mixamo to Fbx 2019 which buggers up the old 2014 workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Improvements are always bringing troubles! Any other way to use Mixamo now? 

Even the new Blender version doesn't propose FBX2019... Any clue on if or when Adobe intends 

to solve this issue? It's a big one for me, I can't use Mixamo anymore... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines