• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i try uploading a character, it says "sorry, unable to map your existing skeleton."

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I am really new to blender and 3D modeling. I need to rig something for a class, and I heard Mixamo is the best way, but when I try uploading, it has said "sorry, unable to map your existing skeleton." every time except for once, when it uploaded but was just blank with nothing there. I need to finish my project very soon, and would apreciate help. attatched I have a screenshot of the thing that pops up.

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Performance , Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow

1. 87 mb is too big... i'd cut that in half
  2. your model has no hands and will never rig to a standard human ... your only real chance is claws
  3. as you are using Blender, I'd full the model in so it is solid

Screenshot (841).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! 

I just got the same error. Here is how I fix it:

First, make sure your model is not to heavy. Decimate it if necessary. (I did it in Zbrush with Decimate Master but I heard it was possible in Blender too.)

Once your model is optimized, delete the MAT attributed, and assign a brand new one. 

Export in fbx, and try to upload it in Mixamo. 

Keep me posted if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines