• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I upload an OBJ, ZIP, or FBX with the correct textures?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to get a Fortnite character model into Mixamo through Blender. In Blender, the textures look fine, so I export as an OBJ to start. Obviously, OBJ's don't have textures, so how might I be able to add a texture post-mixamo in Blender?

After OBJ's didn't work, I try zipping the given MTL and OBJ files together, and it comes out with a strangely lit model that also doesn't export out of Mixamo with any of the correct tectures. 

Finally, FBX's. These are confusing as all heck. I exported one of my character models as FBX and imported it to Mixamo. It came out with a perfectly textured head, but no textures anywhere else.

Any help is appreciated. I've spent 3 days working something out.Screenshot 2021-01-31 144749.pngScreenshot 2021-01-31 144805.png

TOPICS
Character , Download , Performance , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the shinny one is because your textures are the wrong kind and the Fbx with the head is because the model is set up wrong i.e, the body will have one background colour and the head a different background colour... thats just from looking at the screengrabs you posted

what now? = share the files and I'll take a look... should be pretty easy to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines