• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong specular map on character.

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find anywhere to report bugs, and the link to the forum directly from Mixamo is broken so I am not sure if the is the best place for it.

I just noticed that the Maw character is useing the spec map for Maria. Both in the downloaded files and in the preview.

TOPICS
Bug , Character

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Adobe is aware they buggered up the files...  but they don't care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a great catch!

I don't know if that constitutes a "Mixamo is broken" - the material package was uploaded by the artist. Not really anything that is being caused by applying the mocap.

Unfortunately, nobody is actively curating the library right now, so all of those old texture issues will remain.

The only advice is to paint your own spec map in your 3D application (or possibly photoshop, carefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

actually Adobe staff transferred all the files to this server when they retired Fuse which is nothing to do with the artist... yes just remove the map or make another one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines