Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion menu collapse on click?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i created a responsive one page site with an accordion menu for smaller viewports that links and scrolls to anchors on the same page, when an item is clicked the page scrolls down to the anchor but the accordion menu doesn't collapse and hides content off the screen behind it.

I don't think the accordion widget was initially designed to house a navigation menu inside of it, but i think we all use it for that purpose, and before the recent responsive update you couldn't pin items (on mobile) to stay on the top of the page so it would scroll up and out of view so it wasn't an issue.

is there a solution for this problem or does it need to be fixed in muse?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

What I don’t understand:

Why not use a simply a "out of the box" menu widget, configured as "manual"?

The functionality has been modified since Muse 2015.2 and now it does all, what is required in this thread:

• Is is responsive

• It closes automatically, when jumping to an anchor or a link

• It closes on rollout

• It is highly configurable – even with image fills and/inline graphic

• You may use text, which differs from the link

• You even can use multi line entries with inline images

Just look at this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just used an empty menu entry. I felt a "CLOSE MENU" option would help user experience if someone accidentally activated the menu, but didn't want to go to one of the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did preview it in various browsers, and the result was the same in each. Depending on the width and orientation of the device you are using to view the site on, the sub-menus items will not be perfectly aligned in the centre by small to large amounts.

Like I said in my original post, I contacting Adobe about this technical issue and they confirmed to me there is a bug and they are now looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was looking for a menu like yours but I realized that the active button fails if you resize the browser. Is there any fix for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, as far as I'm aware this bug was never fixed. I've now stopped developing sites in Adobe Muse and have switched to Blocs instead. I don't trust Adobe any more. As soon as they loose interest in a product they decide to kill it without thinking about the consequences for their user-base. I'm in the process of making my studio Adobe-free. I recommend others do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines