Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion widget closing immediately

Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accordion widget no longer remaining open in Google Chrome Android app update!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

This issue has been fixed in Muse 2017.0.2. Just to be sure, before you update to the latest version, ensure that you have a backup of your previous site.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2015 and the problem exists for me as well, so don't bother rolling back. The irritating thing is now I will HAVE to update to 2017 once they fix this problem [if they even do, though maybe with more messages they'll care more than about other problems they seem to have no interest in resolving] and re-export every site ever built. This is a massive fuсk up and as usual Adobe demonstrates no accountability or reliability.

Why does Muse not get more rigorous beta testing? If you want us to beta test your software, pay us to do it, and be up front that people shouldn't be using this for clients or their own businesses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly no one is reading the thread.

DO THIS UNTIL THEY RELEASE A FIX:

"for anyone that's interested, I have replaced the accordion menu on my sites with a Composition widget using on rollover (instead of click) for Show Target and on rollout of trigger and target for hide target. so far it works fine on iphone and android

The only issue's are that the menu won't close on an iphone once opened, and with android it can close but you have to touch outside the menu"

The only downside is that the menu won't close until a link in the menu is tapped. Which shouldn't be an issue because why else would you be opening the menu.

This work around 100% works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OR clearly they ARE reading and either have a more complicated menu or are on a strict deadline and don't have time to redo all of their previous sites and upload them (possibly both).

Also, your proposed solution is not an actual solution, the behavior of the composition widget is different. You can't make the composition trigger responsive to page width nor the composition slides, and you can't center menu options. It also overlaps rather than pushes the content. When the current page isn't in the menu (if you have more than five pages, for instance, like say a gallery of numerous project pages), the user can't close the menu if they accidentally open it, so they can't get back to the page they are viewing. If I have many websites that have many, many project pages, setting and resetting the master pages is time consuming and not 5 minutes. This is not a solution I can sell to every client, some value design and are particular, including a current client whose months long site was finally ready to launch and now I have to indefinitely put it on hold until I can implement something they will accept. This is a half-assed solution that is only full-assed for very specific sites and basic designs. If you have extra time, you are welcome to try to explain to my upset client why this is just as good as what they signed off on. This is a large and connected client and this will likely cost me a lot of future business.

When software is presented as professional and charged as such, it should be professional. If this software is "for fun", than charge an appropriate rate, not the same as every other professional product Adobe sells. Muse consistently costs me time I can't bill for and can't afford. If it worked as advertised, it would be more than enough for the things I need. If Adobe doesn't know how to consistently make their own widgets work, they should at least give us direct editing capabilities like Dreamweaver so we can fix their code ourselves (and take away that ridiculous "some files are missing" dialog that should never be available to an end user under any circumstance but Adobe stupidly insists on it and won't remove it). This is software with amazing but largely squandered potential, which fits well with their other buggy CC offerings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the client is that large why are they launching a muse site and not having a proper dev team build one from scratch?

Did you sell them on the idea that you're a designer/developer knowing that you're actually using a tool to build the site instead of building it properly and that you actually have no development skills what-so-ever to be able to handle an issue like this?

If you're out pimping yourself as a web dev and you're using muse then you're LYING to your clients. Muse is pretty impressive for what it does, but if you're relying on it to launch "major projects" for your "connected clients" then you're an idiot. This kind of bug is exactly why you should be building from scratch instead of rolling the dice that the web builder for dummies tool that you used will never have a bug.

Same goes for most of the whiners on this site. Muse is an OBVIOUS gamble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Muse is not for real work, then who is it for? The learning curve is not hard but still too steep for casual users who can barely turn on a computer. I've been developing websites and web apps for 15 years. The market is very slow right now so budgets are low and speed sells. These are not complicated projects, they don't need a backend or fancy scripting, they are well within what Muse can [supposedly] do, and Muse allows me to spend more time on design. Muse is great when it works. I dev from scratch when projects exceed these boundaries. I can edit the Muse files directly but obviously that's a problem when Muse exports a ridiculous dialog if I don't export the entire site and reedit everything every time.

It is never acceptable for software to have this kind of bug regardless of who it is geared for; it should do what it says it will do or the consumer is being ripped off. Reliability is not just for professional software (and there are no claims by Adobe that this is "for fun" software). Photoshop has chronic problems too, with some updates that completely don't work, I guess that means it is not for professionals either? Are all photographers who rely on it LYING to their clients? Photographers should be editing their work by manipulating in a hex editor directly, right? What hack frauds! We should all be making everything in assembly, look at how lazy and dishonest we've all become!

You forgot to address how the stupid fix idea you keep spamming is stupid, but sure, character attacks are more helpful. If you can stop blowing Adobe for five minutes, do something useful like help put some pressure on Muse's dev team to roll out a fix for this major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code fix works great thanks for using the forum for what its meant for.

For the whiners if this issue was such a headache for you, find another tool or pay a developer to build the site from scratch.

Your soapbox rant posts are idiotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NoobSaibot25 - thanks for your input but your posts are the most 'idiotic' here. And yes, this has been a big issue for me also. And no, I don't think I should find someone else to build nearly 80 sites from scratch for me. . You're just as pissed or you wouldn't be here adding your 2c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing on a Samsung S6 and S7 phone Muse site menus (not using the work around) will open if you hold your finger on the button for a moment. To close you have to hold down for a moment also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This piece of code someone posted in another forum is totally working for me. It totally beats having to have your accordion opened. Place it in the master page header section:

<script type="text/javascript">

//Fix collapse accordion issue chrome update

window.addEventListener("pointerdown", function(e) { if (e.type=="pointerdown") e.preventDefault(); }, true);

</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!!! Ish_laos​ Thank you! Code works great. I suggest everyone try it. Hopefully this works for NoobSaibot25​ as well so we don't have to hear from him anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nuttle - does your contact form work with this fix? (If you're using a muse form)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a third party for my forms so unfortunately I do not know. Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works like a charm! Thanks for posting that! I don't understand how after an entire month, Muse team still couldn't figure out that simple workaround, but I'm glad someone did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is wonderful for one of my sites this worked great.  I am going to implement it on some other sites and see how that goes.  Thank you for this advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ish_laos!!! That works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ish_laos ! at last someone with real answers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it has fixed the collapsing accordion issue but now causes the contact form to stop working. Cant tap in the input fields to type. Has anyone else got this problem when applying this code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now, my contact forms do not work.  I have checked two of the sites I updated and both have the issue of not being able to click on the fields for the forms I created in Muse.  This is a big issue, if someone can come up with a fix for this that would be great.  Thanks to those who are actually working on fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome Ish_laos thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay everyone quit picking on NoobSaibot25​ . We're posting here to resolve an issue that has been stressful and we found a solution.  Thanks again Ish_laos​!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it causes another problem... Anyone using the above header code forwarded by Ish_laos from another post needs to check your contact form has not broken, if using a built-in Muse form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to break any form field regardless if its muse based or not. I have a site with a form as an embedded html object and the form no longer responds to touch.

Back to the composition widget hack for that site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies.  Form no longer works for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The team has shared with us a temporary fix until an update with this fix is released. Please try it and let us know if it helped.

1. Download the .mulib file from this location: (https://adobe.ly/2jhRZIZ)
  2. Open the file in Muse by double clicking on it. This should add it as a library item.
  3. Drag this library file on master page or a child page, depending on where accordion issue is present(Note: While dragging the file please check that it should not overlap with any other page content frame)
  4. Re-export/publish the site again and accordion menu should work fine now.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, this solution helped. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines